To succeed in business is to succeed in life, and finding your labor of love, your calling, is one of the best ways to live a meaningful life.
Art for www.FlowApps.org by Juan Jiminez
Simple Enough? Easier Said Than Done.
Here’s an Easy Way to Remember In a Poem:
Powerful ideas come from powerful conviction, and people with conviction have powerful vision.
Powerful visionaries have powerful existence and powerful existence comes from a deep inner calling.
A deep inner calling comes from a deep inclination and a deep inclination comes from endless wonder.
Endless wonder comes from a quest to find answers, and a quest to find answers gives meaning to existence.
A meaning to existence creates drive and motivation, and that’s what it takes to create a world of your vision.
- Powerful ideas come from powerful conviction, and people with conviction have powerful vision. Conviction is a firmly held belief, which starts with why. Don’t take this lightly. If you don’t have a strong reason for doing what you do, don’t do it. Your vision will be weak, and your idea (and therefore work) will be shallow
2. Powerful visionaries have powerful existence and powerful existence come from a deep inner calling.
If you search long and hard for a strong reason to do what you do, and experiment (formerly known as failing) with different ideas, you’ll gravitate toward your life calling. Once you have that, you’ll wake up every morning with purpose and meaning and find yourself happy to work on this for the rest of your life no matter how long it takes you. I call this the “Slow Start Up”
3. A deep inner calling comes from a deep inclination and a deep inclination comes from endless wonder.
Endless wonder is to be filled with admiration, amazement, or awe; marvel. Doesn’t that sound great? Now find the one thing you catch yourself endlessly wondering about, or pissed off about. What really keeps you up at night both good or bad? This way of being, becomes a way of living, a practice that comes from a love for learning, and contemplation. Reflect and explore things both inside and outside of yourself for it’s own sake. This will lead you to discover your deep inner calling, and will lead you to work with love.
4. Endless wonder comes from a quest to find answers, and a quest to find answers gives meaning to existence.
Whether you’re practicing your calling (business, art etc.) full-time, or at nights and weekend after your day job. Paradoxically, once you tap into your love for learning, you’ll discover you’ll learn anything for it’s own sake, and this will turn you into an explorer. You may start asking yourself questions like “why do I exist?”, or “what is it all about?”.
5. A meaning to existence creates drive and motivation, and that’s what it takes to create a world of your vision.
Once you derive a lot of meaning from your work, you’ll purposefully work with drive and motivation and will work tirelessly toward your goal. Most importantly, you’ll work with deep intelligence, and have the skills to visualize a world (customers) adopting and using your art, products, books etc. Ultimately, to create a great business, we’re going for complex change, which isn’t easy. Use this table as a guide:
Discover this one thing in yourself, as summed up by my hero, Dr. Peter Diamandis, one of the leading entrepreneurs in the world and you’ll be successful from day one: