Kinesiology tape has numerous benefits, including pain relief, reduction of inflammation and swelling, improved circulation and lymphatic drainage, and support without reducing the range of motion. Kinesiotaping Mumbai Because it continues to give therapeutic advantages during its application, maximizing the amount of time it is worn will help you get the most out of each application.
Following These Ten Guidelines Should Assist in Ensuring That Your Kinesiology Tape Application is.
1. Prior to application, cleanse the skin. Before using the tape, the skin must be clear of lotions and even natural oils. It is necessary to clean the skin with rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, or a pre-taping spray like PerformPrep or Rock Sauce shortly before applying the tape.
2. Do not contact the glue before applying it. Because the adhesive is intended for one-time use only, touching it prior to application will make the tape less sticky. Tear the adhesive a few inches from the end of the strip, then remove the backing from this short end and apply it first. Remove the backing from the rest of the tape gradually, smoothing it down with your other hand.
3. Ensure that all ends are applied directly to the skin. Kinesiology tape adheres effectively to the skin but not to itself. If the strips cross, be sure that each strip finishes on the skin.
4. Apply the adhesive Kinesiology tape is produced with a heat-activated acrylic adhesive. The simplest approach to activate the adhesive is to lightly and quickly rub the tape from the center to the ends of each strip. This can be done with your bare hands or the tape's backing paper. If you grab an edge and it lifts from the skin, it will not re-adhere if you rub from the ends to the center.
5. Apply the tape ends with no stretch. The last 2-3 inches of each strip should be applied without stretching. Stretching the tape ends makes it simpler for the ends to lift away from the skin and is the most prevalent cause of rashes and skin irritation.
6. Before applying the tape, round the corners. Before applying the tape, round the corners of each strip to prevent the edges from lifting prematurely. The quickest way to accomplish this is to fold the tape in half and then cut two corners at the same time.
7. Allow some time for the tape to adhere. Allow at least an hour after applying kinesiology tape before engaging in any activity that would generate moisture under the tape (exercise, swimming, or bathing).
8. Do not use the tape on wet skin. Moisture can hinder kinesiology tape from sticking if it is applied too soon after exercising, swimming, or showering. When applied properly, kinesiology tape can tolerate intense sweating once the glue has had time to set and can endure for around 3-5 days.
9. Apply an adhesive spray to areas prone to friction. Because kinesiology tape is rarely wrapped entirely around a joint or muscle, the ends are not protected from touch with pads, clothing, or bodily contact. It is advisable in these cases to use an additional adhesive spray on the ends of the tape to prevent them from being pulled.
10. Be wary of excessive body hair. While a tiny amount of hair should not interfere with the tape, an excessive amount will hinder the tape from adhering to the skin directly. For such places, it is best to shave or clip the hair close to the skin (1/8").