Excel is linked to the core of any accounting or finance-oriented work. The adaptability of any accounting software increases only when it can be linked to MS Excel. No other software can offer the convenience of working and analysing like the one provided by MS Excel. This is the reason why Excel has much importance in finance and accounting world.
How to Quick2tally will help you for your job?
Imagine having a series of journal entries such recording interest expense for each lender, rental expense for each landlord each month, etc. Here, 1000s of entries of similar nature are required passed in a journal. Similarly, say you maintain a different software for recording your inventory. That inventory system may provide data containing itemised inventory along with its cost. Its cumbersome to record each item in tally. Quick2tally is here to help you with the same!.
How to import ledgers from excel to tally
- The first step to connect our excel utility with you tally software by activating the license. This becomes the first step to import all ledger masters, item masters, ledger groups, etc. from the tally to our excel utility.
- Importing ledgers means creating different ledgers i.e., accounts under each group. For example, creating following ledgers:
LedgersGroupRent ExpenseIndirect ExpensesMr. LandlordSundry Creditors
- This facility helps you quickly copy paste various groups for each ledger. For example, you may want to create 15 expense ledgers for the very first time under the group “Indirect expenses”. Just mention the ledger names and copy paste the group name “indirect expenses”. That’s it.
- Please note, you can import up to 1000 ledgers into tally within a few seconds. The normal time it would take approx. 1 hour for creating each ledger in excel 1000 times.
- The utility looks as below:
- The red asterisk marked columns are compulsory to fill. Please do not use “&” character in name or alias. You may specify “and” if required.
- Parent group and cost centre columns have to be selected from the drop-down list only.
- Just click on “EXPORT TO TALLY” button and all ledgers will get imported into the tally company which is open.
How to import Stock items from excel to tally
- Import Ledger From Excel to Tally means importing the opening stock and importing other stock items. Stock items can be raw materials in case of manufacturing concern and goods in case of trading concern. Either way Quick2tally software helps to import Excel to Tally the details quickly.
- Tally software was initially made with the intent of accounting the records and not with the intent to maintain inventory records. Later, Tally came up with updated versions containing inventory records. However, many people prefer to keep stocks details in another software wherein all movements can be easily captured. Such software may provide an excel sheet containing details of stock items.
- So, we have a raw data in hand and we wish to import the details in tally.
- For opening details, you can use the below sheet:
The sheet name in the software is “OP_QTY” which specifies only the quantity of opening stock.
- For stock item details, you can use the below sheet:
The sheet name in the software is “StockJournal”.
- Item name will be auto-populated as per master data and you just have to select the item name from dropdown. Provide all details and click “Export to Tally” button.
For More Information:-
For More:- How to Import Sales Data From Excel to Tally
Excel to Tally:- https://g.page/r/Cbw5GBt5ZIhdEBA
Email:- [email protected]
Call us at:- +91-141-4012472, +91-93584-44502
Source:- Click Here