Are you excited after getting your hands on your Cricut machine? Are you excited to get hold of your Cricut machine? Before you can start using your Cricut machine, you must first set them up. In addition, the Cricut cutting machine requires a connection to the Cricut Design Space. The Cricut machine setup process is quick and easy. However, it can seem quite challenging for beginners.
Additionally, there are several important things you need to know if you are going to download and install the Cricut Design app. Henceforth, in this specific content, we will guide you through the complete and accurate process to start using the Design Space app.
What are the System Requirements to Download the Design Space?
Before you start to download and install Design Space on your device, it is necessary to know if the device is compatible with your device.
- For Windows devices, you need to have Windows 10 or later operating systems.
- Your Mac device must be running on macOS 11 or later.
- It is necessary to have iOS 15 or later for iOS devices.
- The Android devices must be running on Android 9.0 or higher.
- Your computer or mobile device must have Bluetooth or a USB port.
- Your device has at least 2 GB free space and 4 GB RAM.
How to Setup a Cricut Machine With Cricut Design App?
The Cricut machine setup with the Cricut app seems effortless if you have already done that. However, if you are doing this for the first time, you must be aware of the correct procedure. So, below are the steps to complete the Cricut machine setup with the Cricut app.
- First, power ON your printer device after plugging it into a power socket.
- After that, establish a connection between the computer and the Cricut machine with the help of a USB cord or Bluetooth.
- On a web browser, open the official website of Cricut.
- From the website, you need to download and install the Design Space app for Desktop on your PC. (Or, you can also download the mobile application if you have a PC.)
- Next, install the app and then log in to your account using the Cricut account credentials.
- On the app, you have to set up the Cricut machine you are using.
- When the setup is done perfectly the machine will ask you to complete the first cut.
How to Download the Cricut Design App on a Computer?
The Design Space is compatible with both mobile and computer devices. Here is the procedure you can follow to download the app on your device.
- To install the Cricut Design Space app, you first need to go to the Cricut official website cricut.com/setup on your PC.
- On the website, open the Apps page and click on the Download options under the Cricut Design Space.
- When the downloading process is done, there will be some changes on the current screen.
- Wait for the download to complete, and after that, open the download in the browser. (You can also look for the downloaded file in the Downloads folder on your PC)
- In case you see the pop-up asking you if you trust the app or not, then you need to click on the appropriate answer to move forward.
- After that, the installation progress will appear on a pop-up box.
- When the installation is complete, you need to launch the app and sign in using your Cricut ID and password.
- Once that's done, a Cricut icon will appear on the screen.
- Now, you can complete the setup process of the Cricut machine you are using.
- And create various jaw-dropping designs using its fonts and images.
How to Download the Cricut Design App on a Mobile?
In order to download the Design Space app on your mobile device (iOS and Android), do the following steps:
- On the home screen of your smartphone, go to the Play Store or App Store.
- Then go to the search bar and type Cricut Design Space to search it.
- In the next step, tap on the Cricut icon in the search results.
- After that, tap on the Download or Get options to start the download.
- When the download completes, the app icon will be added to your home screen.
- Tap on the Cricut icon to launch it, then tap on the New Machine Setup option.
- Afterward, you can set up the machine and create excellent projects with the help of the app and Cricut machines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is only the Cricut Design Space app compatible with Cricut machines?
Cricut Design Space is a free app offered by Cricut for crafters. This app is developed to work with the Cricut cutting machines and work seamlessly to create Cricut designs for projects. So, it is best to use this app if you are using any of the Cricut machines. The app offers various fonts, images, and features. But, there are also various apps available that can be used with the Cricut machines.
Can I use Cricut design space without downloading it?
Before, the Cricut Design Space could be accessed on the web browser, but now it has been removed to users removing it from the web browser used. Now, users need to install the Cricut app on their PC or smartphone. But, it offers cloud-based technology that allows users to use the app in offline mode. So, you have to choose the offline mode to use the app to create the designs from anywhere you want.
How do I send a Cricut design to someone?
To send a design to someone, follow these steps:
- First of all, you need to open the Cricut Design Space app on your PC.
- Afterward, go to your project folder and try to find the design you want to send.
- Next, choose the share link located at the bottom of the tile you have selected.
- And then, you are required to open the devices share option.
- Now, you can send the link by direct message or using email.