Here is a selection of the best destinations to visit during your stay in Turkey. Istanbul is undoubtedly the tourist capital of Turkey but its real capital, Ankara, is well worth a visit, as are the magnificent seaside resorts of Izmir, Antalya, Bodrum and Marmaris. If you have time, don't hesitate for a second and plan a real road trip to Turkey. Travel from Istanbul to Kars by visiting the best-hidden gems in Turkey: Alaçati, the natural pools of Pamukkale, Cappadocia, the Nemrut Dagi Mountain or the Sumela Monastery in Macka.
If you're considering booking a holiday to Turkey, then here are some places that you must visit whilst you're here.
1. Antalya -Antalya is the Turkish Riviera and is on the Mediterranean coast. It's a thriving modern city with a historic centre. Some of the Ottoman mansions are being restored and new boutique hotels are appearing, adding more class to the city. Cars are not allowed in the city centre, which makes for a charming atmosphere. There is fantastic mountain scenery, offering great views of the coast. There is a lot to see and do in this region.
2. Alanya - Alanya is a popular holiday centre with great beaches, many fish restaurants, clubs and bars. It's as popular with the locals as it is with tourists. There's plenty to see and buy from the local handicraft shops, and the museums are well worth a visit.
3. Bodrum - The world-famous resort of Bodrum has something for everyone. With incredible unspoilt beaches, fantastic nightlife, and plenty of history to explore, it's unmissable if you're visiting Turkey.
4. Cappadocia - Cappadocia is famous for its rock formations, underground churches and cave-dwelling locals. This region is also famous for carpet weaving, pottery and winemaking.
5. Didim - Didim is a beautiful holiday resort on the Aegean coast and features coves and golden sand beaches. The Temple of Apollo was one of the most sacred places in the world. Altinkum is a popular holiday destination and offers plenty of accommodations and restaurants and everything you'd expect to find at a modern holiday resort.
6. Fethiye - Fethiye is a traditional market town set around a beautiful harbour. With a scuba diving centre and many boats using the harbour, it's a lively bustling place. Aimed at the older visitor, it's ideal if you don't want the nightlife and activity of some of the other cities in Turkey.
7. Istanbul - Istanbul is the capital of Turkey, and the only city in the world that is built on two continents, and offers amazing history, incredible views and plenty to see and do. As the capital city, it has a population of 12 million and is the trade centre for banks, media and other industries. In addition, there's lots of art and culture, such as opera and ballet, as well as museums and festivals, and much more.
8. Izmir - Izmir is at the start of a narrow gulf that sees many boats and activities on the sea. With a cooling sea breeze in the summer, it's not as hot as other popular destinations. With lots of beaches and hotels, it's no surprise that it's a popular holiday destination.
9. Kalkan - Kalkan is a more upmarket Turkish town, and ideal if you want to see the real Turkey. There are lots of shops, restaurants and a busy seafront to discover. Thanks to the steep hills, there are amazing views of the region.
10. Marmaris - Marmaris is another very popular tourist destination in Turkey, and many visitors can't wait to return. This destination is popular with families as well as young couples. With many different sorts of hotels to choose from, and plenty to do, including water sports and great nightlife, it's no wonder people want to come back.
If you want to know more about the turkey top destinations, please check out the best site - https://www.destinations.com.tr/