A Copper Nickel 90/10 Round Bar gets its name from the chemical makeup of its alloy. In this situation, this means that the copper component of the alloy is roughly 90%, with nickel accounting for about 10% of the overall weight of the DIN 2.0872 Square bar. The color of the metal is comparable to pure copper due to the high copper percentage of the alloy, but the inclusion of nickel dilutes the color.
The hue of the metal distinguishes it from other alloys such as stainless steel or pure nickel, which is one of the main reasons why the Copper Nickel 90/10 Round Bar is selected over others. Aside from the color of the Copper Nickel 90/10 Round Bar, which is its physical property, pure nickel shares the alloy's characteristics. For example, the alloy is resistant to microbiofouling, and the Copper Nickel 90/10 Round Bar has bacteriostatic properties.
In marine conditions, the alloy is virtually impervious to corrosion. In general, marine bio-life such as lichen, moss, algae, and others adhere to the surface of any alloy, discoloring it, and the chemicals emitted by them may cause corrosion of that alloy. However, due to its natural antibacterial qualities, these organisms are unable to establish a foothold on the Copper Nickel 90/10 Round Bar, making this alloy particularly beneficial in marine engineering. The use of UNS No C70600 Rod in places that require some amount of conduction behavior is prevalent in mentioned applications.
Industries that use Copper Nickel 90/10 Round Bar
- Industry of Petrochemicals
- Industry of Oil and Gas
- Industry of Chemicals
- Industry of Power Plants
- Industry of Energy
- Industry of Pharmaceuticals
- The Pulp and Paper Industry
- Industry of Food Processing
- Industry of Aerospace
- Industry of Refining
Features Of Copper Nickel 90/10 Round Bar
- Copper Nickel 90/10 Round Bar It is extremely resistant to the effects of acid, especially sulfuric acid, which is the most damaging.
- It has high corrosion resistance, both pitting and crevice, even in the presence of chloride-containing substances.
- In the presence of sulfuric, phosphoric, and nitric acids, it provides comparable resistance.
- It protects the product from sensitization by stabilizing it.
- They are the ideal combination of corrosion resistance, improved mechanical qualities, and ease of manufacture.