Alloy 20cb3 Bar with the notation Cb-3 signifies columbium stabilized is an alloy of the same name. Alloy 20 Threaded Bars addition of niobium to ASTM B473 N08020 Alloy 20 results in less carbide precipitation in the heat-affected zone, allowing it to be utilized "as welded." Apart from oxyacetylene welding, Alloy 20 UNS N08020 Rods can be welded using any standard welding technique without the need for preheating.
One of the ASTM B473 N08020 Alloy 20's characteristics is its exceptional resistance to hot sulfuric acid, which is ascribed to the alloy's inclusion of copper. When compared to common stainless steels such as grade 316, is recognized to excel in resisting hot sulfuric acids. Because it was created for sulfuric acid applications, ASTM B473 Alloy 20 can be found in a variety of industries including petrochemical, chemical, power generation, and polymers.
Apart from sulphuric acid, the Alloy 20 Flat Bar is extremely resistant to acids like as phosphoric and nitric acid. Alloy 20 has good mechanical characteristics and operates well at both low and high temperatures. In comparison to grade 304 stainless steel, Incoloy Alloy 20 Bar is more resistant to localized corrosion such as pitting and chloride ion corrosion. While Alloy 20 has superior pitting resistance to 304-grade stainless steel, it is on par with 316L-grade stainless steel.
Corrosion Resistant Characteristics:
- Sulfuric acid protection is adequate at 20% - 40%.
- Chloride has good stress corrosion cracking, pitting, and crevice corrosion resistance.
- Reasonable general corrosion resistance
- As-welded intergranular corrosion resistance is high.
Resistance to Corrosion
Alloy 20 threaded rods perform well in hot sulfuric acid, particularly in terms of stress-corrosion cracking resistance in boiling sulfuric acid at concentrations ranging from 20% to 40%, as well as overall sulfuric acid resistance. Alloy 20 provides solid acid protection and outperforms Duplex and even Monel, however for high temperature and high concentration acids, Inconel or Hastelloy fasteners may be required. Furthermore, Alloy 20 threaded rods exhibit useful resistance to phosphoric acid and nitric acid.
• For flue-gas desulfurization, power plants rely on alloy 20 threaded rods.
• In mid-range corrosive chemical processing environments, alloy 20-threaded rods are utilized to link heat exchangers, mixing tanks, metal cleaning equipment, pickling tanks and racks, and pipes.
• Alloy 20-threaded rods aid in the prevention of corrosion in the food and dye industries.
• Plastics and synthetic rubber manufacturers also use alloy 20 fasteners.