Climate change and the impact of modern industries on the environment is a cause that has gained a lot of support in recent years. The importance of paying attention to our environment and taking active measures to prevent degradation is essential. After all, the future depends on it.
The best high school boarding schools in India acknowledge the current situation. That’s why these exemplary institutions have taken up initiatives to make a Green Impact on society. These schools are working towards creating a brighter future not just for their students, but also for the community as a whole. Enrolling your child in such a school can help them grow into responsible adults.
The Pillars of the Best Green School
Being a green school is no easy feat. To ensure that targets and goals of making the social change are achieved, green schools in India use three definitive pillars to guide their efforts:
- Reducing the environmental impact of the school’s actions,
- Increasing the health and well-being of faculty, staff, and students,
- Increasing environmental and sustainability awareness for students.
Using these three pillars Green schools in India have been able to inculcate a culture of sustainability. Such a school pays special attention to using smart classroom technology to reduce paper waste, manage food wastage adequately, etc.
Initiatives Taken Up by Leading Schools
Some of the key initiatives taken up by the best high school boarding schools in India, to make a green impact on society are:
- Introduction of school-wide campaigns for using recycled paper at all times,
- Recycling sewage and water waste to prevent environmental degradation,
- Tying up with initiatives such as ‘Plated’ to recycle food, water, plastic, and tin waste,
- Creation of a composite pit for horticulture waste,
- Installation of devices that help save energy on RITAL panels,
- Accumulating and supplying solar energy to the state Electricity Board of Haryana,
- Implementing rainwater harvesting systems on campus,
- Replenishing underground water and improving the water level from 500 feet below ground to only 100 feet below the ground,
- Curating farm gardens for cultivating organic vegetables and using these vegetables in the school kitchen
Thus, to enroll your ward in a school dedicated to sustainability, you can search for the best day boarding school near me.
Health and Well-being Improvements
Health and well-being are top priorities at such institutions. That’s why these schools have programs to ensure students, faculty, and staff, have a nutrition-rich diet and active lifestyle. The key programs that enable this are:
- Organic Food: Food served at the school canteen is grown on-site and fresh,
- Nutritionists Design Meals: In-house nutritionists devise adequate meal menus for teachers and students to get healthy food,
- Air Quality: The best day boarding schools monitor air quality regularly and take initiatives to maintain a healthy environment,
- Healthy and Active Lifestyle: Top green schools encourage an active lifestyle by offering a wide range of physical activities including sports and other extracurricular
Thus, if you want your child to develop into a healthy and responsible individual, you should search for the best day boarding school near me right away.