When it comes to your education and professional training, joining the right institute is of paramount importance. Especially if you seek to pursue higher studies in management, it’s crucial to get enrolled in one of the top management institutes in India. Besides the challenging nature of this field and the need for world-class training, job opportunities matter too.
Thankfully, there are several great institutes of management in India, among which IIM Ahmedabad deserves a special mention. If you have been trying to find out about IIM Ahmedabad placement, fees, and other details, this article is for you. Going through it will help you make a more informed decision regarding whether to apply to IIM Ahmedabad.
How much does it cost to study at IIM Ahmedabad?
Let’s start by getting a quick look at the IIM Ahmedabad fees for different courses. Do note that while the PGP (MBA) program is their flagship course, the institute also carries a great reputation for its other courses.
- Post Graduate Program in Management (MBA): INR 23 lakhs.
- Post Graduate Program in Food & Agri-Business Management (MBA-FABM): INR 21.5 lakhs.
- Executive Post Graduate Program (MBA-PGPx): INR 28 lakhs.
- ePost Graduate Program (ePGP): INR 20 lakhs.
- Faculty Development Program (FDP): INR 30,680
- ePGD in Advanced Business Analytics (ePGD-ABA): INR 10 Lakhs
IIM Ahmedabad also offers a Ph.D. program with a stipend of INR 30,000 per month.
Are the placement opportunities at IIM Ahmedabad good?
The IIM Ahmedabad placement opportunities are one of the key factors that make it such a coveted institute for management studies. Just like the other IIMs, IIM Ahmedabad’s placement drives attract recruiters from leading companies like American Express, PwC, BCG, PayTM, etc. With plenty of job offers from such reputed recruiters, IIM Ahmedabad has even managed to record an impressive placement rate of 100%.
The average salary package is around INR 25 LPA, which even beats the IIM Ahmedabad fees for the MBA program. However, you might want to note that the salary package would also depend on the course you choose to pursue. Those pursuing the PGPx course can secure far more lucrative packages than those pursuing the regular MBA program.
Is IIM Ahmedabad the best institute of management in India?
Holding the 1st place in the NIRF rankings for two consecutive years, IIM Ahmedabad is possibly the best management institute in the country. In 2021, the MBA-FABM course at IIM Ahmedabad also helped the institute earn the Best Agribusiness School Award. Other factors that make IIM Ahmedabad one of the best places to pursue management studies are:
- Faculty: The faculty team at IIM Ahmedabad has work experience of 10 to 20 years in study research and the industry on an average.
- Recognition: An MBA degree obtained from IIM Ahmedabad comes with international recognition.
- Financial aid: The institute also provides students with financial aid of 3 LPA to 4 LPA.
IIM Ahmedabad is truly one of your best choices, both due to its NIRF ranking and lucrative placement packages. Check out the dates for the next admission window and prepare for it if interested.