Are you aware of the WPS pin, and what is its purpose of it? If you are using a Canon printer or any other printing device, it is necessary to have knowledge of the WPS pin. You do not have to worry if you previously did not have much information about this pin. This follow-up write-up is designed to give you an extensive understanding of the WPS pin and where you can find it on a Canon printer.
What is WPS Pin?
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. WPS pin is a combination of eight-digit codes. This code is beneficial in connecting wireless devices such as printers, routers, and other devices via WLAN. Additionally, WPS allows you to connect to a wireless network very easily to a printer through a WLAN-based access point or router/gateway. To enable the WPS connection mode, you first need to hold and press the WPS button and select the router to which both devices connect.
Steps to Find the WPS Pin on a Canon printer?
The follow-up steps help you to find the WPS pin on a Canon printer-
- First of all, you should go to the remote design switch from the computer to which the printer is connected to.
- After that, you need to enter the WPS pin number of the Canon printer on the screen.
- It is necessary to make notes to input the menu catch on the landing page.
- When the menu catch is open on the screen, you will see the menu classification tab opening on the screen.
- In the menu classification tab, you have to log in via the log in page, and it will open the dashboard on display. This input display will show the correct ID name and Pin number.
- Once you are done signing in, you are required to click on the Wireless LAN Settings option.
- After that, wait for a while, then read and understand the displayed message and click on the Remote LAN Configuration option.
- Now the Remote LAN Configuration page opens some class options. You need to click on the WPS Pin option to move with the further steps.
- In this step, your system will generate a Pin code and WPS ID. After that, you have to enter the WPS ID correctly into your computer device.
- Once you enter the code, the system will start examining the code. If you have entered the correct ID and Code, then the WPS switch will be enabled.
- After that, you need to make sure that the WiFi symbol is displayed on the screen of your PC/laptop. (If you see the WiFi symbol, it means the connection is found)
- In the last step, when the Canon printer connection is established, wait for a while to see the WiFi sign displayed on the below screen.
Points to keep in mind while looking for a WPS pin on a Canon printer Device
Below are some of the useful points you have to keep in mind when you are looking for a WPS pin on a Canon printer-
- It is necessary to ensure that the cord of the printer device is connected correctly to the power source and that it is ON.
- Additionally, make sure to insert the A4 size sheets in the document tray of the printer.
- After that, you need to check your printer device’s Control Screen Menu tab and click on the Wireless Mode button.
- Once you are done with the above process, you have to check the wireless light to check it is on and its color is blue.
- Afterward, press the ‘OK’ button and wait for the further process.
- Now, your printer will display all the Printer Configuration details on the screen.
- You need to locate the WPS pin mode settings and then click on it to display the WPS pin on the printer device.
- Furthermore, you are required to move to your computer device and connect it to the wireless network.
- When the system is running to scan the printer, it might ask for the generated WPS pin.
- In the last step, you need to enter the WPS pin and let your printer device get connected.
How do I Connect my Wireless Printer Without the WPS Button?
In case your printer device does not have a WPS button, you can use the network key or pin to establish the connection between the printer and router. A network pin or key is a series of numbers and letters. To connect the printer to a router, you need to use the function button of the printer and the control panel screen of the printer. However, if your printer device has the WPS button, it becomes easier to connect the device to a router.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I find the WPS PIN number for my Canon printer?
The WPS pin method can help you connect your printer device to the network connection. You need to enter the WPS code into the internal settings while establishing the connection. Additionally, you can get access to this code on the control panel screen of the printer or on the Network Configuration page. The network Configuration page is also known as the LAN detail page.
Below is the process of learning about finding the WPS pin on the Canon printer–
- First of all, make sure your printer Device is turned on.
- Then, move to the printer’s control panel and then keep pressing the Wireless button for a few seconds.
- Move your finger from the Wireless button when you see any light blinking to notify that the Wireless connection mode is turned on.
- While the wireless mode is on, go to the Settings option and choose the Network Setup option utilizing the control panel buttons.
- After that, click on the WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) option and select the WPS PIN.
- Once you choose the WPS PIN option, an 8-digit code will appear on the LCD of your Canon printer.
- Now, you need to move to the printer setup dialog box of your computer system and enter the WPS pin.
- When the above process is done correctly, your printer and router will establish a network connection.
Where is the WPS button on the old Canon printer?
The WPS button helps your Canon printer to establish a connection between your printing device and network. However, the WPS button is not located on your Canon printer device but on the router itself. Additionally, if you cannot locate the WPS button on the router, then you can use the CD provided by your computer to perform the standard wireless installation process.
How do I turn WPS off?
Below are the steps you can follow to turn WPS off of your printer device.
- First and foremost, you have to open any web browser on your computer device.
- And then go to the Address bar and enter 192.168. 1.1.
- Then, type the username and password of the administrator. (The default username and password of the administrator are ‘Admin.’
- After that, go to the Advance Setting option and click on the Wireless option.
- Next, choose the WPS from the tab.
- There you can check if the printer’s WPS is on or not.
Visit Site – ij.start.canon