It’s not surprising that you can use Canon printers for AirPrint. With the AirPrint printer, users can print email photos, webpages, and other documents from their iPad, iPod, or iPhone directly to their printer. But before setting up a Canon printer for AirPrint, you need to confirm whether your printer supports AirPrint. How do you do? We have brought a simple procedure that you can read below. In this post, we’ll talk about three major points: checking whether the printer is supporting AirPrint or not and confirming the connection environment for AirPrint with a primary focus on easy steps to print with AirPrint. And after that, we’ll learn how to setup Canon printer for AirPrint.
Check Whether Your Printer Supports AirPrint or Not
If you are going to use your canon printer for AirPrint, make sure the printer firmware version is 2.000 or later. If an update is needed, make sure to perform it. Below are simple steps to check the version of your printer firmware.
Note: A USB and a PC (Windows/Mac OS X) are needed to update the cannon’s printer firmware.
To check the version of your printer firmware, print the Nozzle and check.
- For one copy, tap the + or – to set the number of required copies.
- For duplex print, tap ON. This will enable double-sided printing and tap Off to disable double-printing.
- If you print multiple pages, like a PDF file, you need to tap Range and select All pages or simply the Range of pages to be “printed.”
- When your printer’s firmware version is ver.2.000″ or later: The printer will support AirPrint, and thus you do not need to update the firmware.
- When the printer’s version is earlier than ver.2.000 or no version is printed, the printer is supposed not to support AirPrint. In this situation, you need to go for a firmware update first.
Proceed with the procedures of updating by going to the Canon download library. You can obtain a Firmware updater from there. To update the firmware, you must follow the update procedure included in that downloaded package.
How You Can Check the Connection Environment for AirPrint
First, check the devices and their connections for AirPrint first.
Access Point (IEEE802.11b/g/n)
An access point is important to establish data communication between the Internet and network devices at home (Apple device and printer), an access point is required.
- Apple devices like iPad, iPhone, or iPad touch to use a printer
- Apple devices – iOS 4.2 or later iPad/iPhone/iPod touch need to be connected to the access point to use a printer.
A Canon printer, as well as your Apple devices like iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch need to be on the same wireless LAN. Also, The printer firmware needs to be 2.000 or later. Once you’re confirmed with all the above details, you’ll use AirPrint effortlessly. However, it would be best if you remembered some caution while connecting to the network.
Here are Some Cautions You need to Follow
- For access point settings and functions, go through the instruction manuals of the access point. Or you can contact the manufacturers of the access point.
- For Apple devices like iPad, iPhone, or iPad touch settings, make sure to follow the instruction manuals of the Apple device. You can contact Apple ether.
How To Setup Canon Printer For AirPrint?
Make sure to follow the steps given below for selecting a printer and performing AirPrint printing from that.
- First, your job should ensure your printer is turned “ON.” It is connected to the local wireless LAV properly.
- Go to the application of your Apple device and tap the icon to display the menu options.
- Once the dropdown menu appears, tap “Print.”
- Now, move toward printer options and select a printer from there.
Note: Some applications don’t support AirPrint. In this case, printer options may not get displayed. Remember that if the application doesn’t allow you to use printer options, you cannot print from that particular application.
Some Important Points as References
The printer options depend on the application software and your printer. Usually, when you tap “Print” and select a printer, you will see many printer options. The displayed printer options will include one of the four points mentioned below.
- Printer: Go for a printer you can use in your Wireless LAN.
- Copies: You can select the number of print copies you need.
- Duplex Printing: When you have a printer supporting double-sided printing. You can select ON or off.
- Range: the page range applies to some specific applications and file types like PDF files.
Finally, tap Print. This will make the printer print based on the specified settings.
I hope the above write-up covered all that you were searching about How to set up Canon Printer for AirPrint. If you have some other queries or concerns related to the Canon printer, refer to the commonly asked questions given below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the Canon Printer Not Showing up on AirPrint?
When you find your printer is not showing on AirPrint, first ensure that Wi-Fi is enabled and
Also, ensure that there is a checkmark next to the name of your wireless network. If your device is connected to the Internet, move and tap on your network name to connect. If there is a prompt, enter your network password.
Is It Necessary to Have Wi-Fi for AirPrint?
There are three things you need to use AirPrint.
- A Wi-Fi network that allows AirPrint signals to pass.
- A Mac OS X or iOS device connected successfully to the network.
- An AirPrint-compatible wireless printer.
How is AirPrint Different from Wi-Fi Print?
A wireless printer is a device (electronic device) You can use For taking printouts while using a series of cables. AirPrint is a feature in Apple-based macOS and iOS operating systems. This allows printing via a wireless LAN and an AirPrint-compatible printer.
Is an App Required for AirPrint?
AirPrint is an inbuilt technology with the most popular printer models – printers and print servers. In order to use AirPrint, users do not need to install an app or any additional drivers or software.
Visit Site – ij.start.canon