There are many different types of printers that are available in the market in different ranges in size and price. And in terms of printer types, there are laser printers, inkjet printers, and thermal printers. In this blog, we will discuss the complete process of how to set up Rollo printer on Mac & iOS devices.
To set up your Rollo printer, all you need to do is download and install the printer driver from the official website and go to Settings on your mac to add your printer to the list. So let us start the blog to guide you through the complete set up and installation process, but first of all, let us start by explaining to you what a Thermal printer is.
What is a Rollo thermal printer?
Thermal Printing is a process of utilizing heat from the printer to the particles of thermal paper for creating pictures and images. With the help of this technique, the images are printed clearly and neatly. With this technology, all your images produced in the printer are smudge-free.
The Roll printer does not need any inkjet or toner cartridges for printing documents or images. So, you need not have to worry about changing cartridges; plus, it is a high-speed printer that prints with a speed of 150 m/s. The Rollo Thermal printer works with different operating systems like Windows and Mac, Android, and iOS. This printer is easily compatible with all the applications that allow printing
How To Connect Mac With A Rollo Printer?
Before connecting your mac with your Rollo printer, please ensure that the Rollo printer only supports iOS 10.9 and above version. And if in case your mac software is not updated to the 10.9 and above version, then follow the following steps to connect your Rollo printer to your Mac.
- First of all, go to the official website of Rollo printer, which is “Rollerprinter.com”, and download and install the relevant driver for your Mac system.
- After you have downloaded the relevant version of the pkg file for your mac system, open the .pkg file. And follow the on-screen installation steps on your Mac system.
- After that, open the System and Preferences on your mac by searching on the spotlight.
- After that, click on Printer and Scanners,and then add your new printer.
- You will see a list of printers that are available near to you to be connected, click on the Rollo printer in the search bar and click on OK.
- After selecting the Rollo printer from the list of printers in the section, click on Add.
- Once you have connected your Rollo printer to your Mac system, you will see a green light on the printer, which means they both are both connected to each other.
Is There Any Specific Software For Rollo Printer?
Rollo printer uses software named Label Live. It is the only printing software used by Rollo for both Mac and Windows. Thai software is very easy and convenient to use regardless of the model or the operating system you’re using.
How To Download Rollo Printer On Your iPad?
Follow the steps to download and install the Rollo printer on your iPad:
- Firstly, go to Settings on your iPad and select your device.
- Then go to Printers and Scanners.
- After that, add your Rollo printer and click on Add Device.
Solution When Your Rollo Printer is Offline?
Sometimes you may experience that your printer is showing offline status on your Mac. To fix this issue, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Apple logo on the desktop and click on System and Preferences.
- Then, from the System and Preferences, go to Printers and Scanners.
- Once you see the list of printers, then click anywhere on the window.
- After that, click on Reset printing System in the window system.
- Then click on OK to confirm your Reset process.
In this blog, we explained your step-by-step guide on how to set up a Rollo printer on a Mac. The download and installation process of the Rollo driver is straightforward. If you have any doubts left, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is The Rollo Printer Compatible With A Mac System?
Yes, Rollo printers work with different operating systems, and mac is among one of them. And other than Mac, Rollo printers can be easily connected to Chromebook, Android, iOS, and Windows OS.
Does The Rollo Printer Need Any Inkjet Or Toner For Printing?
Rollo printers do not require any Inkjet or Toner since Rollo printers work with advanced Thermal technology.
What Is Advanced Thermal Printing Technology?
The advanced Thermal printing technology helps you in printing images Thermal printing uses heat.
How Do I Reset My Rollo Printer?
Resetting the Rollo printer is very simple all you need to do is press the R button and hold until you hear a beep sound. After that, press the WiFi LED button on the printer 10 times, and this will set your Rollo printer to the factory settings