The process of making stickers with a Cricut machine has become an easy task. It has helped many craft lovers design stickers with the best quality and within a time limit.
If you are planning to make stickers with a Cricut, then look at this guide, as it will help you learn about the steps needed to be taken while using a Cricut to design stickers.
What is the “Print Then Cut” Feature?
Print Then Cut feature is one of the loved features among the audiences in the machine. Through this feature, you are supposed to print your image on the home inkjet printer and cut them with your respective Cricut Machine.
Essential Items to Design Stickers at Cricut Machine
To make your favorite sticker from the Cricut machine, you must purchase the following items:
- Sticker Paper: Look for white matte full-sheet printable paper specially made for inkjet papers. These high-quality and glossy papers make your sticker look shiny and pretty.
- Inkjet Printers: To get the best stickers, you must look for Inkjet printers, as they’ll give you the perfect outcome.
- Cricut Machine: While shopping for stickers, make sure you purchase the best Cricut machine while designing your stickers. Of all the versions, Cricut Explore Air and Cricut Maker will be great choices for creating stickers.
- Sticker Sheet Image File: Lastly, you need an image file for printing and cutting. It’s your choice to create your own design or find a sticker sheet file to download.
Method to Create Stickers from Cricut Machine
Below we’ve explained a complete guide that will help you understand how to create stickers from Cricut Machine:
Stage 1: Design Image File
- You can download a premade sticker sheet image file or design your own one on Design Space or Procreate.
Stage 2: Add Sticker Image File
- Open the Cricut Design Space and create a new project.
- After creating the project, tick on the ‘Upload’ option.
- Search your image and press the ‘Upload Image’ button to import it.
- Choose the image type asked by Cricut Design Space.
- Tap on the ‘Save as a Print and Cut Image’ box or save the file with your name.
- Lastly, click ‘Insert Image’ to attach the image to the canvas.
Stage 3: Take Out the Image Print Out
- You need to resize the image to make it compatible with Print Then Cut.
- If the image is too big, try to decrease its size and fit it within the max 6.75” by 9.25” printable area.
- Upload the sticker into the inkjet printer and press the ‘Make It’ button available in the Cricut Design Space.
- Select ‘Continue,”then ‘Send to Printer’ and ‘Print’ to take out the printout of the sticker design.
- Now toggle the ‘Use System Dialog’ for more advanced printable settings for best quality print from the machine.
- After that, you’ll see that the printed sheet will have a solid black rectangle around the corner of the design.
- With the help of those printed black lines, the machine will cut the design correctly.
Stage 4: Set Materials
- Open the Cricut Design Space and choose the material of your choice.
- Tick on the ‘Sticker Paper’(for using Cricut brand sticker paper) or ‘Washi’ (for using Avery brand sticker paper).
Stage 5: Load the Mat
- Put the printed sticker paper on the LightGrip blue mat.
- Try to line up the page closer to the upper left corner.
- Slowly put down the sticker paper with your hands or brayer tool.
- Pin the flashing arrow button to put the mat into the Cricut machine.
Stage 6: Cut down the sticker
- After loading the mat into the machine, you must watch that the Cricut icon button starts to get flash.
- Tap on the C button to proceed with the cutting process.
Stage 7: Detach the mat and remove the stickers
- The machine will inform you to detach the mat once the cutting is complete.
- Tick on the ‘Flashing Arrow Button’ to detach the mat.
- Before detaching the mat from the machine, ensure that the cutting has been done properly, especially for die-cut stickers.
- Slowly detach the mat from the machine and remove the printed stickers from the mat.
- Your stickers are ready to be utilized for DIY work, projects, etc.
With the help of the above steps, you must’ve learned the process of designing the stickers through the Cricut Machine. However, you are advised not to skip the stage during designing to enjoy error-free printing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question No. 1: What types of stickers can be designed using a Cricut machine?
Answer: The Cricut machine can make three types of stickers: Vinyl Decals, Print-Then-Cut stickers, and Written Labels.
Question No. 2: What to do if the sensor isn’t working?
Answer: The machine might be throwing issues due to lighting issues in your room. Dim your room light or turn off the light during the scanning process.
Question No. 3: Is Cricut printable sticker paper water-resistant?
Answer: No, Cricut’s printable sticker paper isn’t water-resistant. Even the website states to keep the printed images in a dry place.