Cricut Iron On helps you make amazing crafts that are easy to cut in the Cricut machine. Iron on vinyl is one of the most used craft materials with a Cricut machine. Thai material helps you create many awesome projects like shirts, hats, canvas, bags, and many things. Cricut Iron cuts a variety of base materials, including wood. We know being new to the Cricut machine can be a little daunting, especially when using iron-on material. But don’t worry; we are sure that by the end of this blog, you will be able to make Iron on vinyl projects. So let us start with the blog and guide you with the Cricut Iron On Vinyl.
What is An Iron On Vinyl?
Iron on vinyl is a special type of material that has heat-activating sticking characteristics, which is also known as Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV). This material can be used on different base materials like paper, fabric, metal, and wood. To apply this material, you need to press with some heat source like a Cricut EasyPress, or you can even use your household iron.
Iron-On material is flexible and thin and comes in pre-cut sheets or rolls. When you observe the iron-on material closely, you will notice that the material is parted into two layers. The first layer is the clear plastic backing, and another layer is colorful vinyl. The dull side is of vinyl, and the shiny side is of a clear plastic carrier sheet.
Types of Cricut Iron On Vinyl
Iron on vinyl comes in many different colors, patterns, finishes, foils, and glitters. The differentiation of Iron-On on the basis of its types is as follows:
- Sport Flex Iron-on – Sport flex iron-on is lightweight, thin, stretchable, and flexible on activewear fabrics like polyester and nylon.
- Foil Iron-on – It has a shiny reflective finish that comes in various metallic colors.
- Glitter Iron-on – This type of iron-on has a little glittery and shimmery fusion and comes in different color patterns.
- Patterned Iron-on – The patterned light iron-on has got a huge variety of trendy and classic patterns.
- Holographic Iron-on – Holographic Iron-on has an attractive finish that keeps changing its light.
- Bright Iron-on – This type of iron-on can be cut matless on all the Cricut machines like Cricut Maker 3, Explore 3, and Joy models.
Which Is The Best Cricut Iron On Vinyl Brand?
Beginners usually start with the Cricut Everyday Iron-on. Since it is very easy to use and at the same time also produces decent results. It is available in all the craft stores and even online at the Cricut official store.
How To Weed Cricut Iron On Vinyl
Weeding Iron On Vinyl is a very simple process. Weeding basically removes all the excess vinyl from your design. Follow the below steps to weed,
- First of all, press the tip of your weeding tool on the art you want to remove.
- Then, take all the excessive vinyl using the weeding tool.
- You can also try using the hook shaping weeding tool, tweezers, or X-Acto blade, whichever thing works for you.
- You can try to use different weeding tools depending on the complexity and structure of your design.
How To Transfer Iron-on In Cricut?
Following are the steps to transfer iron-on in Cricut:
- First of all, fix the size of Cricut Design Space Software.
- Then, choose everyday iron-on from the material list.
- Now place your iron on a sheet, making sure that the liner side is down on the Cricut standard grip cutting mat.
- Load it into the Cricut machine and cut your design.
After you’re done with the cut, you can weed your image.
In this blog, we explained everything about Cricut Iron On in detail. We hope you found this blog helpful. If you have any doubts related to Cricut Iron-on, please refer to our frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Question
Is Cricut Iron On Same As Heat Transfer Vinyl?
Cricut Iron On is a new way of heat transfer. Instead of using a sticker-type adhesive, the Iron-on adhesive gets automatically activated because of heat and pressure.
Which Side Of The Mat Goes Downwards In Cricut Iron-On?
When you’re cutting the Iron-on, firstly place the brighter side inverted on the mat. And then flip the Iron-on towards the shiny side up when applying the iron.
Is It Safe To Use Regular Iron For Cricut iron-on?
A regular household iron solves the purpose when using Cricut Iron-on Vinyl. You can definitely use a regular iron since it is handy and can be used for multiple purposes. So definitely, it is worth the investment if you want to transfer heat.
Do We Need A Transfer Paper for Iron on Cricut?
Transfer tape is not necessary for Iron on as there already exists a plastic carrier sheet attached to the Iron on vinyl. This is also the reason we put the shiny side facing down when cutting Cricut Iron-on Vinyl. So, there is no requirement for an additional transfer tape as you’re already using the shiny transfer tape on your sticky mat.
Why Do We Need To Mirror Iron On?
Mirroring basically flips your craft/ design before cutting so that it shows a backward mirror image from what it should look like when you have finished your project. Regardless of any material, you need to always mirror your design before cutting.
Visit Site – cricut.com/setup