In the olden days, people used to take care of their face, hair and skin using the ingredients and other useful elements found in the fruits, medicinal plants and herbs. With the advent of science, these natural practices became extinct. The beauty brands started making products that are heavily packed with chemical compounds that nourish your skin and hair and focus on solving different problems. Even though most of these compounds have been extremely helpful and did what they were supposed to do, some were more harmful than others.
Recently due to veganism trending and people resorting to using organic products, the general public has become aware of the pros and cons of several beauty products. Naturally, there has been an increase in demand for integrating real and organic substances in hair and skincare products. One such product that has become quite popular these days due to the many benefits it bestows you with is Bananas.
Different Elements in a Banana that Make it Beneficial for Skin and Hair
Bananas contain many vitamins and minerals that have several advantages for our hair and skin. By leveraging all of them, you can enjoy healthy hair and glowing skin. Below are some of the main elements found in bananas, and we explained how they could be beneficial for both hair and skin:
Works towards nourishing dehydrated skin by moisturizing it. Potassium prevents the scalp from drying out and getting flaky and itchy all the time.
B vitamins protect your skin and hair against free radicals and other stressors, which are known to cause oxidative stress and premature ageing. Also, saves you from early fine lines and wrinkles. It helps boost the production of red blood cells, due to which the flow of oxygen in the scalp increases and your hair follicles strengthen.
Vitamin A helps our skin produce an oil called Sebum, the primary source of hydration throughout our skin. Thus it helps heal dry, withered skin. It can also fade dark spots and acne scars. It also treats ageing skin by making it smooth. The vitamin in a banana hair mask also keeps the hair follicles and strands soft by providing oil and moisture.
Zinc helps protect the skin from UV damage and fights bacteria that cause acne. Zinc in a banana conditioner is an important element that helps repair hair tissues. It facilitates hair growth by keeping the oil glands near the hair follicles working properly so that there is no excess or deficiency of oil.
Vitamin C is extremely necessary for collagen production, which helps remove acne scars and dark spots. It also helps control excessive oil production. Vitamin C makes hair strong, making sure it’s not too weak to break off. It also prevents the premature greying of hair.
This protects the skin from the damage caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays. This slows down premature ageing signs. It also has natural antioxidant effects that promote hair growth.
Destroys bacteria responsible for causing acne and pimples.
It gives our skin nourishment. Makes connective tissues strong and helps maintain the elasticity and strength of the skin.
How can a Banana help with skincare?
There are many ways a banana can be used to solve different issues relating to skincare.
- Bananas can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles and brighten the skin as well.
- Many people use Banana or banana peel to reduce puffiness on eyes in the morning.
- Banana is a great product to have in any moisturizer because of the different elements present in it that help make the skin soft.
- Bananas are a great product to use if you want to look young for a longer period. The antioxidants and vitamins present in bananas play a major role in improving the skin’s elasticity. The skin will not sag with age since the Banana makes it appear tight and youthful.
- Bananas also help with controlling excessive oil production on the face.
- Collagen-producing elements in the Banana also facilitate the fading and healing of acne spots and dark spots.
- Banana is often used in treating psoriasis since it moisturizes the area, which relieves the consistent itch.
How does Banana help with hair care?
- Frizz- A banana combats frizzy and dry hair due to the different moisturizing elements present in them. Applying a banana hair mask by billbergia frequently helps battle rough and dry hair by providing it with the necessary nutrients that bond with water molecules, making the hair soft and hydrated.
- Dandruff- Bananas can help with dandruff as well. Applying a banana shampoo for hair throughout your scalp will relieve the constant itchiness problem. Since the main cause of dandruff is the dry and irritated scalp, a banana’s antioxidant and antibacterial properties calm down the scalp. Banana products are a more long-lasting and organic way of treating dandruff problems.
- Deep moisturization- Banana is often used as a product that helps with deep moisturization of the hair. Banana hair conditioner is a great product if you have curly hair or weak hair from heat damage or color damage. Keeping this conditioner on for about five minutes, twice every week, will dramatically improve your hair texture and feel.
- Hair growth- Applying these banana products will reduce hair fall and help grow new hair from the scalp and increase the existing length. A banana shampoo for hair fall contains collagen-producing elements and makes sure the follicles of your hair are healthy. Both of these cause new growth of hair.
Final Words – Banana to Keep Skin and Hair Healthy
Many skincare products incorporate bananas into their ingredients list. By using these organic products, you will reap the many advantages mentioned above. You can always try to use mashed Banana or banana peel, but these home DIYs often get messy. Also, it is hard to follow home remedies frequently. The beauty products that genuinely use organic ingredients such as bananas are a much better choice.
Organic products like a banana shampoo for hair or a banana face mask will be much easier yet quite beneficial for you. However, make sure that you use a vegan beauty brand like Billbergia that contains real banana extract, which will be great for your skin and hair. Great products are widely available, and you should always try and go for these organic products instead of the ones filled with harsh chemicals. Make the right choice and become a conscious shopper. Your hair, body and skin will definitely thank you for using organic range of products over others.