In recent years, virtual mailboxes have grown in popularity because they make receiving and forwarding mail more manageable. You have options, whether you’re seeking a virtual office mail forwarding service for your business or a digital mailbox for personal needs. If you’re thinking of getting a virtual mailbox, consider the following details when deciding the best option.
Services for virtual mailboxes vary by provider. Consider the main functions you need for your virtual mailbox. Most provide the primary benefits of receiving and scanning letters and packages and then uploading the images to be viewed by the owner. Other services that may be of interest, especially if considering a virtual office mail forwarding service for home or business purposes, include:
· Contents scanning. While virtual mailbox providers will scan the outside of your mail, some will also offer content scanning by request.
· Forwarding packages. Some digital mailbox services only forward letters, but many allow package forwarding as well.
· Consolidating packages. If you’re someone who receives multiple packages each month, some digital mailboxes provide package consolidation to create one shipment for packages each month to reduce postage costs.
· Depositing checks. Some digital mailboxes will deposit checks for you with your authorization. The service is great for those with a remote or small business.
When considering a digital mailbox, it is essential to pay attention to the fee structure. While it may make sense to buy a cheap virtual mailbox when on a budget, some fees may include a combination of services when offered as a service package or add-on features. Service fees may consist of the following:
· Mail scanning. Some digital mailboxes may charge a fee on a per-page basis for scanning mail. Depending on the service provider, it could be a dollar per page or a few cents per page.
· Mail forwarding. Any mail forwarded to you may have a set fee. The fees may vary depending on the postage required and the type of mail, such as a letter or package.
· Storage or mail holding. Some providers may charge for the storage of letters and packages after a grace period. Whether it’s on a per month or per day basis, the fees are usually affordable.
· Monthly service. Many digital mailboxes charge monthly fees that vary based on the functionality of the virtual mailbox. You may pay a set fee per month or pay as you go. Some allow customers to build or create a monthly plan based on services that fit their needs. If you run a business remotely, you can choose a business service package with more robust offerings.
Additional Tips to Help You Choose
When considering the best cheap virtual mailbox for your needs, consider how much mail you intend to receive. If you expect a lot of mail monthly, consider a provider with lower fees for scanning and forwarding. Pay-as-you-go services may be helpful if you don’t plan on receiving a lot of mail. Therefore, you’ll pay for each piece as it is received.
When reviewing different providers, consider their fee structure and customer service. Do your homework by reviewing the services provided and fees, and reach out to the provider by asking questions if you don’t understand something about their service. The best digital mailbox should meet your needs and your budget.