Electric Vehicle (EV) usage is increasing rapidly, as more and more people make the switch to eco-friendly transportation. This shift has been made easier by the implementation of EV charging stations in public spaces like parking lots, garages, and shopping centers. But how much does it cost to install an EV charger? In this blog post, we take a look at what goes into the installation of an EV charging station in a public space and how your business can benefit from making one available.
The different types of EV chargers and their costs
There are different types of EV chargers available, each with slightly different installation costs. Here are 5 of the best-known chargers for public spaces:
1. Standard Wall Charger – This type of charger is the most common and affordable, costing around $750 to install. It takes about 4 hours to charge an EV from empty to full, depending on the size of the battery.
2. Level 2 Charger – These are slightly more expensive, costing around $1,500 to install. They charge an EV in about 3 hours and are popular in locations like hotels, shopping centers, and parking lots.
3. DC Fast Charger – These chargers are the most expensive of the bunch, costing up to $20,000 to install. They can charge an EV from empty to full within an hour.
The installation process for EV chargers in public spaces
When installing an EV charger in a public space, it’s important to hire experienced local Australian electricians and follow all relevant safety regulations. The installation process typically involves the following steps:
1. Design – An experienced electrician will first design a plan for the installation and calculate how much power is required.
2. Permits – Before any work can be done, you will need to obtain all necessary permits from local authorities.
3. Install – Next, the electrician will install the charger, ensuring that it meets safety regulations and is correctly wired up.
4. Test – Once the charger is installed, it will need to be tested to make sure that it is working properly and safely.
The benefits of EV chargers in public spaces
Having an EV charger in a public space can provide several benefits for your business. Not only does it show that you are committed to sustainability, but it can also help to attract new customers and boost foot traffic in the area. Here are five other benefits that you can expect from installing an EV charger in a public space:
1. Improved customer satisfaction – Many customers are looking for places that offer EV charging, so having a charger available will help to improve their shopping experience.
2. Increased revenue – Customers who come to charge their cars may stay longer and buy more items while they wait.
3. Positive brand perception – Installing an EV charger can help to increase your business’s visibility and create a positive impression among potential customers.
4. Reduced emissions – Using an EV charger in public spaces helps to reduce air pollution, which benefits the environment and the local community.
5. Promotion opportunities – You can use the EV charger to promote your business and as a marketing tool to boost visibility.
Installing an EV charger in public spaces is becoming increasingly popular, as it offers numerous benefits for businesses of all sizes. It’s important to hire experienced local Australian electricians when installing an EV charger, so make sure you do your research and find the right electrician for the job. With a bit of planning and the right expertise, you can have an EV charger installed and ready for use in no time!
Hire a local electrician to install an EV charger in a public space
An experienced electrician will be able to advise on the best type of charger, help you obtain any necessary permits, and install it safely and correctly. The cost of installation depends on the type of charger chosen but typically ranges from around $750–$20,000. The benefits of installing an EV charger in a public space are numerous, so it’s worth investing in one if you have the budget.
If you’d like to install an EV charger in a public space, contact local Australian electricians for quotes and advice. With the right expertise and planning, you can quickly get your EV charger up and running – helping to boost your business and make it more sustainable.
At Keith Atkinson Electrical, we provide professional and reliable electricians to help with the installation of EV chargers in strategic public spaces. Get in touch today for more information or to get a quote. We look forward to helping you make your business more sustainable!
Overall, the cost of installing an EV charger in a public space can vary significantly depending on several factors. For example, the number of charging stations needed and their size, where they are located, and how they are wired will all affect the total cost. Furthermore, choosing to use solar panels or other renewable energy sources will also impact the expense. Having said that, if you’re considering investing in an electric vehicle charging project for your local community or business, it is best to consult a professional for an accurate breakdown of costs. Doing so may even make it easier to obtain grants and subsidies from local municipalities. By taking these things into consideration, you can ensure that an EV charger installation is feasible and cost-effective for everyone involved.