Dental filling won’t last forever and sometimes may fall out if you don’t have a dental crown. There are various reasons why dental fillings loose and fallout, some of the most common reasons are:
- New decay around your filling
- If you put too much pressure
- Bite hard or crunchy foods
- Grinding at Night
- Trauma or accident to your tooth
- A chemical reaction may loosen the bonding between tooth and filling
If a filling falls out, you should visit walk ins dentist near me in houston to know why and re-treat your teeth for a healthy and hygienic smile.
What should I do if the filling comes or is loose?
If your teeth filling comes out or loose, it is important to visit a Dentist Memorial and follow some steps.
- Seek a Dentist 77084 and tell if you’re experiencing pain or sensation. If you can’t visit, ask for suggestions to protect your exposed or damaged tooth.
- Also, you should keep the filling so that dentist can determine the problem and treatment. If you lose a dental crown, the dentist will receive it on your teeth.
- Gargle with salt water to keep the area clean and remove any food particles or plaque from your teeth. Also, this can help kill bacteria that could damage the exposed teeth.
- You should maintain a dental hygiene routine by gently brushing and flossing your teeth where the filling came out to prevent plaque and tartar buildup.
- Avoid chewing and eating from exposed tooth areas.
Dental wax or temporary filling material might protect the exposed tooth. This is a temporary solution to save exposed areas until you visit walking in dentist near me in houston for proper treatment and evaluation of the issue.
How to prevent a filling from coming loose?
Good dental practices and regular dental visits are the best way to prevent dental fillings from being loose. Here are some tips you should consider for good dental health:
- Brushing your teeth with fluoride toothpaste atleast twice a day.
- Floss your teeth
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months.
- Also, brush your tongue to eliminate bacteria and for fresh breath.
- Visit your dentist regularly for deep cleaning.
- Getting check-ups at atleast twice a year because if there is any problem, the dentist will treat and save your teeth from the eruption. Also, they can detect if your filling is worn and needs replacement before it falls.
- If you’re suffering from griding, you should use a mouth guard or splint to save your teeth from clenching and being knocked down.
- Avoid chewing hard food and ice.
- Be cautious while eating hard candy or toasted bagels.
- Do not try to clench your teeth.
- Limit some food items such as sticky and sugary foods because sticky food can dislodge your filling and increase the chances of tooth decay.
- Visit your dentist if you feel any heat or cold or begin to hurt the area.
If you find your filling is falling out or loose, you should consider visiting a dentist 77077 for proper treatment to save your teeth and smile.
Article Source : https://www.articleslurp.com/what-to-do-if-your-filling-falls-out/