Dehydration can occur when you consume more fluids than you intake and your body doesn’t have enough water or the best dehydration drink to perform normal functioning. If you don’t replace the lost water, you will get dehydrated.
Anyone might become dehydrated, but the condition is dangerous for younger and older people.
- The main cause of dehydration in young children is severe diarrhea and vomiting.
- Moreover, older people consume less water and have lower volume than healthy people; in such conditions, you should have medications that can increase the chances of dehydration.
- This means even a few illnesses, such as infections affecting the lungs or bladder and resulting in dehydration in older people.
What are the Symptoms of dehydration?
You can’t predict how much you are thirsty? Or thirsty isn’t the only indicator that you need water. Many people, particularly older ones, don’t feel thirsty because of various conditions. That’s why it is important to intake water during the hot weather or when you’re ill. Here are some signs of dehydration for infants or young children:
- Dryness around your mouth and tongue,
- No tears while you cry,
- No wet diapers for three hours
- A sunken soft skin on the top of skull.
- Extreme thirst,
- Less frequent urination,
- Confusion condition.
When to see a doctor
You should visit a doctor if you have any such problems and use hydration powder until you reach a doctor:
- If you suffer from diarrhea for 24 hours,
- disoriented or Irritable, and much sleepier or less active than usual,
- Has body or abnormal stool.
Sometimes dehydration occurs for simple reasons like you don’t drink enough water or are sick. Or because you lack access to healthy drinking water when you are out of town or have no high mountains or Hangover Headache.
Other dehydration causes include
Diarrhea and vomiting: If you are suffering from sudden and can cause tremendous water loss in a short period. You may lose fluid and minerals if you have vomiting and diarrhea.
Excessive sweating: you lose body fluid when you sweat too much; if you do a vigorous activity or play sports and don’t replace fluid as you go, you can become dehydrated. Moreover, you need more water and supplement during hot days to prevent severe situations.
Increased urination: This may be due to uncontrolled diabetes, or you are on diuretics and blood pressure medications.
What are the severe factors to consider?
Anyone can become dehydrated, but certain people are at higher risk:
Infants and children Are most likely to experience severe diarrhea and vomiting. Because they often can’t tell you they are thirsty, nor can they drink for themselves.
Older adults: As you age goes, your body’s fluid reserve becomes lower, your ability to conserve water reduces, and you start losing a sense of thirst. These problems are compounded by chronic dehydration and illness.
If you are suffering from any Dehydration Causes, you should consider visiting a doctor to know what is best for you with you can also use Electrolyte Packets to replace the water in your body.
Article Source : https://www.gohealthtips.com/what-are-the-causes-of-dehydration/