Dental implants are effortless and one of the most popular solutions for missing or knocked teeth. There have been the most progressive change in dental dentistry in the last quarter century.
A dental implant is made of a titanium post that your dentist places and inserts the jaw bone beneath the gum line to work like a tooth root. An implantologist will attach a tooth-like crown to the implant. The artificial tooth looks like the original tooth and has the same functionality. If you find gaps or missing teeth, you can visit your dentist for tooth replacement Houston.
WHY DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Each person faces the problem of missing teeth at any point in life. Tooth loss can happen due to trauma, accident, severe gum disease, or poor oral hygiene. If left untreated, this may lead to various consequences such as:
- Some pronunciation problems result from the gap created by one or more missing teeth.
- Difficulty in chewing
- The face may start to look older and wrinkled with sunken cheeks due to missing also, a gap between the teeth can cause sagging of muscles which can’t support your cheeks.
- Pain in the facial muscles of the jaw resulting in an improper bite induced by the missing teeth
- Tooth decay and infectious gum disease, over time, due to plaque build-up & food entrapment in between the gap caused by the missing teeth.
- Improper or inadequate bite results in misalignment of your teeth because of the empty spaces
- Untreated, missing teeth may dent your facial appearance and cause low set-esteem or lack of confidence.
- You start hiding your expression and smiling during conversations or at public gatherings to avoid the embarrassment caused by a bad smile.
Dental implants help to eliminate all the problems mentioned above. Dental implants fit every individual with missing teeth or a gap between them, irrespective of age and severity. To know more about the procedure, you can visit Preventive Dentistry Houston.
According to a reliable source, dental implants show a 98% success rate; therefore, your tooth infection assures the well-being of your teeth and gums.
ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
- Dental Implants allow you to restore the lost tooth and give your natural teeth the same aesthetic look and functionality.
- Implants are a durable solution for missing teeth with the potential to outlive the patient.
- Dental Implants help maintains the shape and size of your face & smile.
- Implants don’t harm the surrounding tooth structure and protect healthy bone.
For advantages or pain in surrounding teeth, you should visit your dentist for Tooth Replacement Near Me.
Does a root canal replace the tooth?
Suppose you have tooth pain and extensive tooth decay. In that case, your dentist will recommend a Root Canal Treatment Houston or dental implant based on the severity of the case. When you get a root canal treatment, your doctor can save your tooth by removing infectious parts or infected pulp, filling it, and replacing it with dental material.
Article Source : https://www.earticlesource.com/what-are-dental-implants/