The blood vessels which return deoxygenated blood from all our body parts back to the heart and lungs are known as veins. When these blood vessels get damaged, they do not circulate blood properly which leads to blood clotting in the lower parts of the body. Due to these blood clotting, the veins become thick and swollen with full of twists and turns. These enlarged veins are called spider veins. These veins are visible on the surface of the skin which gives an unattractive and ugly look. These veins usually occur in the legs and give an embarrassing feeling. There are lots of spider vein treatment options available in the medical market. Some of the most effective and less invasive spider vein treatments are:
- Sclerotherapy: it is the most common Best treatment for spider veins. In this treatment process, a salt solution is being injected into the vein which irritates the vein. Due to this irritation, the veins get swollen and stick together causing it to seal shut. This will restrict the flow of blood into the vein to make the vein become scar tissue. And these veins then fade away after a few weeks.
Sometimes you need to take more than one session to get the successful removal of the vein. It does not require any kind of anesthesia during the treatment procedure. It can be done easily in the doctor’s office.
- Laser Surgery: Laser surgery is the latest method for spider vein treatment. In this process, a strong burst of laser light is sent until it disappears completely. Lasers should be done by a skilled specialist to get effective results. Cooling is given to the patients to reduce the pain and heat sensation.
- Endovenous Technique: It is done using a combination of radiofrequency and laser. It is a very effective spider vein treatment option. In this process, a thin catheter is inserted inside the affected vein using the needle and laser light is sent. Due to this, the vein gets shrinks and seals off.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: It is a kind of surgical process in which tiny cuts are made using a special light and surgical hooks are inserted to pull out the vein. It is the best method for the complete removal of spider veins with very small scars and less recovery time.
- Endoscopic Vein Surgery: In this process, a small video camera is placed inside the vein, and the affected veins are removed through small cuts. This process is done under anesthesia. The patient can return to his/her regular activities within a few weeks.
Whichever treatment you use for the removal of spider veins there are chances of it to return after few years. The best way to prevent spider veins from returning is to wear compression stockings as much as possible.
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best treatment centers for spider vein removal. We use the latest and advanced technologies for the removal of spider veins at a very reasonable and affordable cost. For more information about our clinic, reach us through our official website veintreatmentclinic.com.