Often people think only when they have pain in the teeth or something is wrong with the teeth, then only they have to go to a dentist. But they are missing the bigger picture, A Dentist Appointment means being examined by a Dentist Nearby to test your oral health, diagnose and create a treatment to keep your oral cavity healthy.
Why you should visit a dental office :
- You have had a tooth crown and its a long time you haven’t seen the doctor.
- You have pain and swelling in your mouth.
- Your gums are swelling or bleeding.
- Your teeth are turning yellow or you have lost a tooth.
- You are pregnant.
- You are having trouble chw\ewing food.
- You have dry mouth
- You take any kind of tobacco.
- You have jaw pain.
- Your mouth has sores and spots.
- You want wisdom teeth removal.
- You want to have a tooth replacement, tooth extraction, or tooth filling.
Brushing the teeth:
It is not as easy it looks, and the way we do it. Very few of us brush our teeth as well as should. Are you brushing your teeth properly? Or are you harming your teeth while brushing?
Bass Brushing Technique is a method of brushing the tooth, it is an effective technique when it is about brushing the teeth.
They cue to intercepting and managing the gum disease is brushing around and under the gumline where plaque and bacteria incline to assemble. The toothbrush bristles should reach under the gums to scrub off plaque before it hardens and causes teeth disease.
Steps to Bass Technique Tooth Brushing:
- Locate the toothbrush opposite to your teeth with the bristles facing gums.
- Tilt the brush at a 45-degree angle and progress the bristles slightly under the gumline.
- With a firm but gentle pressure, and while continuing the bristles under the gum tissue, shake or move the brush back and forth or use circular motion 15 to 20 times, before moving to the next area. The brush should be able to cover two to three teeth at a time.
- Brush the overall outer surface of the teeth and then progress the same technique towards the tongue side.
- To brush the inner area of the front teeth, hold the toothbrush in a vertical position and use the bristles on the toe of the brush, but make sure they are going below the gum tissue.
- Brush the chewing area of the molars and don't forget your tongue.
Modified Bass Technique involves cleaning the gumline. It is used to treat gum diseases. Modified Bass Brushing Technique is very popular and commonly recommended to adults.
Go to your Nearest Dentist to learn how to use the Bass Brushing Technique properly.
Mistakes we make while brushing our teeth:
- Picking up the wrong brush,
- Brushing the teeth very vigorously and harshly,
- Rushing with brushing the teeth,
- Using a toothbrush for too long,
- Brushing the teeth only back and front.
- Forgetting to brush the gumline,
- Brushing the teeth too soon,
- Not following brushing, flossing, and mouthwash.