Usually, wisdom teeth recovery takes three to four days. It could take as long a week to heal if your teeth were impacted, however. Usually, pain after wisdom tooth extraction lasts from 3 days to one week unless you experience an infection or dry socket. When the blood clot gets dislodged from the extraction site this happens. You can expect the stiffness and soreness to go away in 7-10 days and swelling of the mouth and cheeks to go down in 2-3 days.
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction
A very unpleasant experience for a person is having an wisdom teeth removal. It can cause infections, severe pain, and even bad breath. These all problems can severely affect the quality of your life. These problems can be resolved by getting the impacted tooth removed. The removal of wisdom teeth is an extremely common procedure. With ease, competence, and perfection, there are several eminent periodontists who can perform this surgical procedure.
However, when it comes to getting your wisdom tooth extracted, there are several considerations that one must be aware of. How you take of yourself after having surgery? The whole recovery period will depend on the wisdom tooth hole recovery. Below mentioned is a list of what to do and what to avoid after you get your wisdom tooth extracted.
What to do after having a wisdom tooth extraction?
- Try to get some rest after the impacted wisdom teeth removal procedure. For at least 24 hours avoid doing any physical activity.
- for the first few days as your mouth will not be able to swallow anything hard, eat soft and somewhat cold food like smoothies, ice cream, yogurt, etc.
- Apply an ice pack on the side of your face where the surgery was performed, to reduce the swelling or any discomfort.
- Start rinsing your mouth with warm salt water every two hours and preferably after meals also Dentist Near Me.
What you shouldn’t do after a wisdom tooth extraction?
- After the procedure for at least 72 hours or preferably for the first week avoid tobacco products. This can lead to the healing process being slower and imperfect.
- Avoid eating solid, hot, or spicy food till the time you have numbness as it can irritate the treated area.
- For the initial few days, the gap created by the tooth extraction will feel awkward, but avoid poking that area with your tongue or a toothpick as it may cause bleeding further leading to dry sockets.
- As it being a blood thinner, Aspirin will delay clot formation which will, in turn, prevent the healing, so do not consume it. Before taking any medicine always consult your dentist.
The wisdom teeth removal near me can be a very difficult experience, more so when it is an impacted wisdom tooth. However, the benefits of the procedure always outweigh the problems associated with an impacted tooth. Along with the above do’s and don’ts with following your dentist’s advice, you can improve the healing process and reduce any discomfort that you may face in the post-operative period.
Article Source : https://urbndental.mystrikingly.com/blog/how-long-does-it-take-for-wisdom-teeth-to-heal