Female infertility is a common physical condition that restricts women from conceiving. It is the ability to become pregnant or achieve a successful pregnancy. It gets diagnosed as soon as the woman has tried to become pregnant for more than 12 months. Different female infertility treatment options include medications, correct hormonal issues, surgical issues, and IVF or in vitro fertilization.
But before you decide to visit the best IVF centre in Gurgaon, it is imperative to learn a few things about infertility. On this note, here’s presenting the risks, facts, causes, and age impacts pertaining to the condition.
An Introduction to the Concept of Female Infertility
Infertility is a disease where women are unable to become pregnant and give birth. Considering heterosexual couples (woman and man), it gets diagnosed after a year of trying to conceive. However, it might get diagnosed sooner depending on different parameters.
One-third of all infertility causes are because of the male problem, while one-third are because of female issues. And finally, the last one-third is because of unknown reasons. When infertility causes are found in a female partner, it’s known as “female factor” infertility or female infertility.
Female Infertility and Some Causes
Infertility happens to be a common disease. A minimum of 10% of women experience infertility issues. And the causes are diverse; here are some of them:
- Issues with the uterus: It includes fibroids, polyps, septum or even adhesions inside the uterus cavity. Fibroids and polyps may form, while other abnormalities, such as the septum, are present during birth.
- Fallopian tube issues: Tubal factor infertility is the most common problem. It’s the pelvic inflammatory disease caused by gonorrhoea and chlamydia.
- Ovulation issues: A woman might fail to ovulate (and release the egg) each month. Hormonal imbalances, previous eating disorders, thyroid conditions, substance abuse, pituitary tumours, and severe stress are a few examples
- Issues with the egg quality and number: Women are born with all the eggs they ever have, and the supply may “run out” long before menopause. Plus, a few eggs have the wrong numbers of chromosomes, which means they might not grow or fertilize into a healthy fetus. A few chromosomal issues might affect all eggs.
A Few Parameters that affect it
Female infertility treatment options are for those who experience the condition due to these parameters:
- Hormone issue that prevents ovulation
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- A low body-fat content
- Structural problems
- Uterine fibroids
- Autoimmune disorders
- Excessive substance use or heavy drinking
- DES syndrome
- A past ectopic pregnancy (tubal)
Before you visit the IVF centre in Gurgaon, be prepared with answers for the following:
- Whether you experience miscarriages or previous pregnancies
- Whether the menstrual cycle is regular or painful
- Whether you experience abnormal discharge or heavy bleeding
- Whether you have the pelvic pain
- Whether you have undergone abdominal surgeries previously
Now that you have learned the causes and risk factors of female fertility, you can visit the best IVF centre.