Plaque is a common problem. It can happen at any age and is subject to one's oral hygiene and lifestyle. The food we consume plays an important role in our dental hygiene. Susceptibility of plaque and tartar build-up is subject to individuals’ dental care, age, and lifestyle changes.
Dental plaque is a sticky gummed substance that gets deposited on our teeth and teeth roots. It is an amalgamation of bacteria, bacterium waste, and food debris that can lead to tooth decay, gum swelling and irritation.
If unchecked, plaque tends to get harder and leads to calculus or tartar. Calculus is a mineralized form of plaque that cannot be removed by usual means and need much more than regular flossing and brushing. If left untreated might cause gingivitis and periodontitis along with other dental issues.
Plaque build-up is one of the most common and daunting situations that not only leads to discoloration but the foul smell. Plaque tends to get stuck around the teeth roots, crevices, and between the teeth. You must visit the nearest dentist for the scaling and teeth cleaning process before the issue becomes unmanageable.
To keep plaque and calculus under control, it is significant that you must take care of your oral hygiene. With that, you must brush your teeth twice a day and rinse your mouth after every meal. It is equally important to see your dental professional for regular cleaning and oral care.
How to get rid of Plaque?
Plaque can lead to calculus which can further lead to gingivitis and periodontitis, ergo it is important to prevent it. Here are a few things you must take care of:
- Use Fluoride Toothpaste: brushing with anti-bacterial fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day is beneficial in preventing plaque and tartar. Such toothpaste is formulated to fight bacteria and germs that get accumulated in your mouth.
- Floss Every day: Using floss once every day can help remove bacteria and food particles between the teeth.
- Incorporate Mouthwash: Add a mouthwash to your regular oral hygiene to help against foul smell and plaque build-up.
- Eat Healthily: Eating balanced and healthy meals can help elevate the risk of plaque and tartar. Brushing after meals make the mouth feel fresh and thus alleviates the risk of plaque and tartar.
- Regular cleaning: It is important to get a thorough cleaning every six months. Regular dental cleaning helps proactively prevent the possibility of plaque and calculus.
Practicing good hygiene and regular oral wellness is the best way of Tartar Removal. Rinsing mouth every day and using dental floss is a home remedy to clean tartar. When the condition is left untreated can result in many dental problems including gingivitis. Hence, one must get a professional dental cleaning as soon as possible to avoid further teeth decay.
Urbn Dental is one of the premier organizations in the nation. We strive to offer walk-in dentist Houston facility along with emergency dental care. Our specialists are trained and well qualified to perform the latest and modern dental procedures. Visit us for additional information.