Melatonin makes it possible to have good quality and quantity of sleep. The brain releases it into the blood to induce sleep in humans at sundown or nightfall, usually after 9 pm. Melatonin is either released naturally by the brain or induced through sleeping aid supplements.
How to use Melatonin
Melatonin is commonly taken by the mouth, either with or without food. The preferred time to take Melatonin Dissolve Tablets is before bedtime. It is advised that the instructions on the product label should be followed strictly. When using the orally disintegrating tablet of Melatonin, do either of the following:
- Place on the tongue: when the product label instruction states placing Melatonin on the tongue, it should be followed and allowed to dissolve gradually.
- Place under the tongue: when the instruction specifies under the tongue, It should be followed and allowed to dissolve gradually in the mouth.
Chewing or taking it all in at once by swallowing with water when the instruction specifies placing under or on the tongue to dissolve releases all the drug at once into your systems which could lead to manifestations of side effects such as headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain, and depressed mood.
Who can take Melatonin?
Some human activities result in the inability to sleep or disruption in the sleeping order, thus requiring the intake of Melatonin Supplement Contract Manufacturer to aid sleeping at the appropriate time. Some of the activities or issues that may require the intake of Melatonin include:
- Jetlag: This occurs when traveling across countries with different time zones leading to disruption in the sleeping pattern of the traveler.
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder:When you engage in shift jobs like night shift or early morning shift, it leads to disruption in sleeping patterns and may require Melatonin to sleep the time you wish to sleep.
- Insomnia: those suffering from difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep will require Melatonin to get some hours of sleep.
- Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder (DSPD): this involves those that cannot fall asleep as fast as they want, making them sleep very late at night and waking up late in the morning
- Before and After Surgery: this is necessary to overcome anxiety and fear.
Some Benefits of Melatonin
Aside from being used to induce sleep, several other benefits come with using Melatonin, which includes:
- Treatment of sleep disorders among the blind
- Treatment of high blood pressure
- Prevention of sunburn when the topical cream brand of Melatonin is used
- Treatment of infertility
- Treatment of low blood platelets
- Treatment of tumors.
Cautions to be observed when using Melatonin
Melatonin is very effective intreating sleep disorders with little, manageable or insignificant side effects, but there are some things to avoid when taking Melatonin to prevent an adverse effect:
- Consumption of products containing caffeine.
- Use of other herbal supplements.
- Use of birth control pills.
- Use of anti-biotic.
Sleep is an important activity that keeps humans healthy. When you are unable to observe your sleeping time naturally, Melatonin recommended by your physician will help you observe it, but the instructions from the doctor and on the product label should be followed to avoid manifestations of side effects.