Until you do not get an online prescription you are not able to get prescribed medicines. Free online doctor consultation is also available at some platform or with minimal amount. They will take online consultation and prescribe you medicine only when you give access to your medical records.
Here are the steps on how to get prescription online:
- Patient has to book an online doctor appointment. For this he or she has to describe symptoms in detail.
- Depend on symptoms of patient e-consultation platform route consultation to the most relevant doctor.
- Once the doctor confirms the consultation request, the patient receives confirmation regarding the online doctor appointment and you can consult doctor online.
- After the consultation has been completed, the patient receives a prescription on his or her phone.
- After that they can place online medicine order from nearby medical store and buy medicine online from them.
Benefits of online prescription or e- prescription:
Prevents medication errors:
E-Prescription eliminates medication errors that occur due to human mistakes. Also, e-prescriptions allow physicians and pharmacists to access a patient’s previous medication and reduce chances of wrong medication.
Speed Up Medication Process:
Along with free online doctor consultation Paper-based prescriptions may tend to lose medication history, which makes it difficult to track medication details. In earlier times, the entire process of tracking medical records was manual which makes it very difficult to collect all prescriptions and maintain them. With e-prescriptions, a patient’s medication history can be instantly accessible. Every drug to drug interaction is saved in memory of application. E-prescription applications fetch data from pharmacies to speed up the e-prescription process.
E-prescribing reduces re-hospitalization as it ensures timely filing of prescriptions.