Cloud computing is a rage in the present business landscape.
Several industrial reports mention that with the expansion of business mobile applications, storage capacity and performance are significant issues for over 70% of the digital workspaces. The best possible approach to deal with such challenges is cloud computing.
Cloud-based application development solutions make data collecting more convenient for businesses. On top of that, security and management are simplified to a greater extent. Cloud app development allows modern businesses and enterprises to create productivity-based applications to enhance the customer experience as well as revenue. Not only this, but Cloud software development solutions also allow businesses to invest in low-code app development, which is again a time- and cost-effective process.
Not to forget the multi-experience cloud solutions bring to the business. Multi experience is the future of app development especially when deployed with technologies such as Cloud computing, IoT, AI/ML. Cloud computing offers conversational and seamless experience with mobile apps.
This growth and popularity of cloud applications raise a lot of questions for businesses and enterprises, particularly regarding how to develop cloud-based apps the right way.
Let’s find those answers today! In this article, we will talk about various cloud-based application solutions for your business, how these solutions possibly benefit you, and how you can create a cloud application the right way.
Let’s dig in with the basics.
What is a cloud-based application?
A cloud-based app is an internet run program with components that store and drive online with some or all processes executed on the cloud. To understand this in detail, take it this way, in cloud-based applications, a user interacts through a web or mobile browser. The data processing here takes place on the remote server bae and is managed with the help of an API. A user’s device serves only as an input device in the cloud app and does not interfere with the major process.
A cloud-based app is different from a web-based application. In order to understand its peculiarities, it’s important to take a look at a few characteristics that define cloud app development.
Characteristics of a cloud-based application
- In cloud application development, the app’s data is stored in the cloud infrastructure and could be partly cached on a user’s device. This means there are minimum requirements for devices to run the application.
- The cloud infrastructure can temporarily store information on a user’s device to allow the user to access it while offline. Once the user is online again, the cloud app is updated and uploads the generated data from offline to the cloud storage location.
- You can set up backup schedules as well data optimization, compression and encryption as a user in any way you want.
- A cloud application can be accessed with the help of any internet-connected device, including desktop, tablet, and mobile. This helps the user to get independent of browser capacities.
- Cloud-based applications also offer access to third-party cloud consulting services with API Integration and are more easily customized than a web app.
Now that we have seen what properties define a cloud-based application, we can move on to what kind of cloud solutions are available for digital businesses and enterprises.
Types of Cloud-based solutions available for enterprises
Cloud computing technologies consist of various services and resources such as database, data servers, storage etc., that are run by third parties. The cloud consulting services authorizes the computer reserves and its infrastructure on a free or paid basis. In short, you can avail the services, resources, and space without worrying about infrastructure maintenance.
There are four common types of cloud deployment available for businesses:
1. Private cloud – This functions as a private web system with a secure space for applications, web and data. Private cloud service is utilized by one company without any public access.
2. Public cloud – Data in the public cloud resource is only accessible through an authorized device. Public clouds usually offer optimal price and flexibility with data processing.
3. Hybrid cloud – Hybrid for cloud app development is considered both public and private. Here you can distribute the data among on-device services and third-party apps along with additional variants for deployment and optimization.
4. Community cloud – Community cloud deployment is similar to private cloud, except here, the data sharing is between two (multiple) organizations. For instance, the government of a country has various departments internally that need the same infrastructure and resources, and that’s where community cloud comes to use.
You can leverage the above cloud deployment solutions for various application services.
Benefits of using Cloud-based applications
Cloud application development is profitable to every enterprise and business since most of the data storage and processing issues are taken care of by remote servers. Along with that, cloud software development or cloud application development has a range of undeniable advantages that are mentioned briefly here.
Cloud services only charge for necessary cloud space and feature sets required for your application development model. This pay-as-you-go system applies to every cloud deployment service that factors in lower cost and higher results.
A cloud host’s full-time job is to monitor data security which is significantly more efficient than a conventional in house system. Cloud software development also makes it easier to comply with government security standards. On top of that, the cloud gives an automated response to updates and data recoveries.
Developing cloud applications offers more flexibility overall against hosting on a local server. If you need extra bandwidth, cloud services can meet that demand instantly rather than going on a long update to enhance infrastructure.
Competitive edge and sustainability
With the help of the developed conversational AI on the cloud, the bank was able to handle 50% of customer requests, resulting in reduced manpower cost by 20%. This is a huge competitive advantage for modern enterprises along with long term sustainability goals.
Mobility and insight
Through cloud application platforms, you can access information across any device, gadget, team, company etc., to remain updated. It’s not at all surprising to see that organizations investing in cloud sharing services have better employee engagement and satisfaction than the local hosting companies.
Cloud-native application development also helps with personalized customer data insights to boost data access speed and experience. The insights offered by the cloud analytic platform led to 85% in data accessibility, better customer data management and optimization.
A varied range of solutions
Cloud-based solutions contribute maximum to the organization’s success by extending the range of services and resources for the business model. From CRM to ERP solutions, the cloud computing platform manages everything.
Source: Cloud app development