WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SEO FOR YOUR SMALL BUSINESS?
From a general standpoint, SEO or search engine optimization Fresno is viewed as the ultimate website traffic generator. Technically speaking, it involves a series of steps that website business owners and entrepreneurs use in order to ensure that their companies rank as high as possible in the SERP’s or search engine results pages. Additionally, SEO is comprised of both off-site and on-site practices, both of which are vital to the success of your online marketing strategies as well as your business.
Understanding Off-Site and On-Site Actions
As the name of each implies, it means that off-site actions are done in other locations on the internet to drive more visitor traffic to your website whereas on-site actions are certain measures used to improve the content on your webpages. When you are creating and implementing your SEO strategy, both of these are essential practices to consider. In addition to understanding what SEO is, you also need to understand what it isn’t.
SEO is not about having your website appear when you are searching for your company’s name in the search engines. If it doesn’t appear in the SERP’s, then your optimization issues are more critical and you need to find out why so you can make the necessary changes to your content. Remember, SEO is all about driving unsolicited visitor traffic to your business website. Unsolicited traffic refers to those individuals who want to do business with a company, but not necessarily yours.
There are 5 specific reasons that every small business should consider investing in natural or organic search engine optimization:
- First, no matter what the “next big thing” is in the area of online marketing according to the so-called experts or gurus, SEO still works! Not to mention the fact that it still works cost-effectively and efficiently compared to other forms of online advertising and marketing.
- Search engines continue to gain the most market share – 80% to 90% of the consumers out there turn to the internet and read online reviews before they decide what to purchase and that number is only going to increase the more the search engines develop and evolve. The day is coming in the not so distant future when virtually everyone will be using the internet to find the products or services they want.
- Secondly, SEO will not stop being effective anytime soon. The reason for this continued effectiveness and feasibility is attributed to the fact that the search engines are constantly developing and evolving. Ultimately, the success of audio and video searches will rely on the use of specific keywords and keyword phrases.
- SEO is the most cost-effective online marketing venue that you can use. This is especially true when you compare it to buying leads for e-mail marketing campaigns, PPC or pay-per-click advertising, and social media marketing (SMM) endeavors. Plus, in most cases, you will realize the best ROI with SEO.
- Most importantly, your competition uses SEO – it goes without saying that SEO is an ongoing process. If you are not improving your position in the SERP’s and moving up in the rankings, you are most likely losing ground to one (or several) of your competitors who is.
On a closing note, you need to be aware that creating your website to maximize the impact on the search engine robots and not on the human element increases the risk of the website losing its trustworthiness. Keyword dense content is a thing of the past and the search engines now view that practice as being a “black hat” SEO tactic. So don’t try to outwit the search engines and their algorithms. It could result in getting your website excluded from the SERP’s if you get caught.