Today, many of us travel by car, and most of the time we are on the road, so it is very important that the smell in the car interior is pleasant and fresh. Bad smells in the car can ruin your mood and create discomfort. The behavior of the driver behind the wheel directly depends on the smell in the car. Obviously, the unpleasant smell in the car interior affects the mood of the driver and thus the quality of driving.
An unpleasant smell in the car is not a problem.
Many do not know how to get rid of the smell in the car on their own, so they use a freshener as soon as possible, thereby trying to kill the unpleasant smell in the car. But that doesn't solve the problem. First of all, you need to find the cause of the smell and then only eliminate it. Having determined the cause of the unpleasant smell in the car, we can easily get rid of it. Here are the most common causes of bad smell in the car:
1. Some odors, such as gasoline or engine oil, indicate something is wrong with your vehicle. In this case, it is better to take the car to a service center for technical troubleshooting. After that, unpleasant odors of this type should disappear in the interior of your car.
2. The most common and unpleasant smell in the car is cigarette smoke. Despite the fact that the driver may not smell cigarette smoke in the car, other passengers are very affected by this smell. Cigarette smoke is very persistent and even penetrates into the upholstery of car seats. To get rid of the smell of smoke, you can take the car to a dry cleaner. You can also use coffee or vanilla, leaving them in a glass in the car for 10 hours. Pre-close the windows and doors in the cabin. Coffee and vanilla are very persistent and interrupt other smells.
3. An unpleasant smell in the car after animals, wool, drool - all this can cause a bad smell in the car. It is necessary to clean the interior of the car from wool and saliva. Sometimes this is enough to eliminate the bad smell in the car. If this does not help, then use detergent.
4. Unpleasant smell from cola or even ordinary water. Many of us have spilled Coke on the seat. As a result, an unpleasant smell arises in the car. Simple cleaning with a damp cloth will not get rid of the smell. To eliminate the smell of cola, you need to remove the upholstery, wash it and dry it.
5. The smell of food inside the car can also be the cause. Forgetting food in the car, it starts to spoil, so there is an unpleasant smell. You should ventilate the interior of the car more often, or use coffee, leaving it in the car for a while.
6. The air conditioning or climate control system requires regular maintenance. A musty smell, when you turn on the cooling mode, will quickly remind you that it's time to service for antibacterial treatment of the air conditioning system. Delaying with it, by the way, is fraught with diseases for the driver and passengers: the parts of the system eventually become a breeding ground for fungi and bacteria. Additionally, if the system breaks, it can also accumulate bacteria so it is better to repair the air conditioning system as soon as possible.
7. If you forgot a fruit or vegetable in the car, you may smell rotting. The source of decay must be thrown out and the place of smell should be washed thoroughly with the help of a detergent. Put on gloves before starting work.