It goes without saying that ranking higher in the Google search engine results pages (SERP’s) than the competition is a priority with eCommerce website owners. But when you’re just getting started, you may not be aware of the many factors that may affect your search engine ranking. But if people are not clicking on your URL, then you are probably missing out on sales. Whether you are improving your current website or just launching one, the following information will be helpful where improving your sales is concerned. Find out How SEO Web Design can improve Your Sales.
Before starting any SEO web design work, do some research – you need to research targeted keywords to use in your webpage content. Research is the key to success with any website design. When you are researching keywords, you need to focus on 3 areas:
- Keywords for your home or landing page and product pages
- Long-tail and popular keywords for blogs
- Use different keywords on different webpages
When you are optimizing the most important webpages of your blog or site, take ranking difficulty, relevancy, and search volume into consideration. Once you have completed your keyword research, it’s time to research the competition. As you do your research in this area, you want to focus on:
- Keywords your competitors are using
- Look at their website architecture
- Origination of their inbound links
Where SEO web design strategy is concerned, you need to focus on what can you do to separate your business from your competition. This includes paying attention to popular, recently viewed, related, and top-rated products.
Identify current website problems – when auditing your site, you want to focus on specific errors and problems that need to be fixed. The top errors to look for include:
- Changing any 302 re-directs to 301’s
- Re-directing 404 pages to content
- Updating duplicated content on webpages, meta descriptions, and meta titles
Once you have corrected the bigger errors and problems mentioned above, monitor your website’s speed. If it takes too long for your site to load, potential visitor traffic will go on to another website. In many cases, those faster loading sites might be your competitor’s. If it takes more than 4 or 5 seconds for your site to load, you might want to consider purchasing additional server space.
On-page optimization – this is probably the most important aspect of Fresno SEO web design that is sales related in nature. Granted off-page SEO or link building is important. But your on-page optimization enables you to convert visitor traffic to sales when they have followed those off-page links to your website. Remember, on-page optimization involves the actions and practices taken on your website to help it achieve a higher ranking, including:
- Customer Reviews – pay attention to these as you can increase your sales conversion rates by listening to your customers
- Internal Linking – linking certain pages or your site with other pages
- Keyword Optimization – strategic locations for keywords include headers, image alt tags and file names, Meta descriptions and titles, page titles, paragraph copies, product descriptions, sub-headers, and URL’s
- Mobile Version of Website – just as many individuals use their mobile devices to browse and make purchases, so make your SEO web design mobile-friendly
- Site Structure – if you have a great site architecture, it can dramatically affect conversions, rankings, and site usability
- Social Media Integration – without this, you cannot engage your audience, grow your community, and share your content effectively
- Usability – customers will repeatedly visit your site if it has good usability
Where on-page optimization is concerned, you are in control. But in order to achieve the best control, you need to focus on the above elements.
For Further Details Contact Us On SEO Web Design Cloud1Marketing.