Thorough pool care is important for a healthy and relaxing swimming routine. Ignoring the significance of pool chemicals may lead to eye irritation, skin infection and problems like swimmer’s ear.
If you don’t want to end up using antibiotic drops for your ears, you should be well aware of the cocktail of swimming pool chemicals and their correct use.
A complete range of products goes into your pool,like pool sanitisers, pentair pool pumps, pool balancers, pool cleaners and various pool specialty products. The varying active constituents of these chemicals can nullify the effect of other chemicals, therefore knowing the right order to use them is important.
Here is a guide to products used to help you maintain a healthy and clean swimming pool with the assistanceof the right chemicals.
At first, you might feel a bit overwhelmed but don’t worry, below is a tried and tested way to keep your pool clean and hygienic.
- Alkalinity and pH balance: Alkaline levels of water reflect the amount of calcium and magnesium in the water. Pools can get cloudy when the water is less alkaline.
t is important to balance the alkalinity levels before controlling the pH balance in a pool.
You need pool balancers to settle the water quality on a pH scale, but they should be used before putting pool specialty products in to increase or decrease the alkalinity of water.
A general pool water test can be helpful in assessing pH, alkalinity, calcium hardness and chlorine amounts in water.
- Calcium hardness: When there is water, there will be calcium deposits. The calcium buildup is easily noticeable on the sides of the pool and if not removed it can also damage the pool equipment. Thorough cleaning with a daily dose of pool sanitisers is useful to maintain the calcium hardness of the water and prevent buildup.
- Chlorine stabiliser: A variety of pool clarifiers are added to increase the amount of chlorine in the water. But before you try to kill those germs and bacteria, it is important to add a stabiliser. The job of stabilisers is to improve the efficacy levels of chlorine to kill the microorganisms.
- Chlorine: Followed by the correct amount of stabiliser chemical, you can now add chlorine to the water to make it safe for swimming.
- Pool algaecides: The next useful step is to clear all the algae using the right chemicals. There are specialty chemicals available to keep away all sorts of pool algae. Pro tip -make sure to add these chemicals to your pool after the sun goes down. It is beneficial to preserve the efficiency of the chlorine you added in the previous step.
Pool chemicals are important to ensure a healthy and clean swimming environment.Additionally, it is important to add the products in the right order,otherwise, you won’t getthe most out of the chemicals. Consider the steps discussed in this post for hassle-free maintenance of pool water. You can find specialty products and all the above mentioned pool chemicals at Think Water Stores. It is a widely recognised network and uses only brands to provide a complete range of spa and pool pumps and filters along with the entire range of pool chemicals.