This course is an annual briefing on the impact of Free Phishing email simulator , HITECH, Omnibus on Business Associates. This course is recommended for all employees of Business Associates having access to protected health information (PHI) and who need awareness training in HIPAA privacy and security rules.
Any single individual who works or will work in the future for any company that offers services or products to healthcare entities, health plans, health insurance providers, or other business associates and will have access to protected health information (PHI).
Medical couriers, Medical billing, Business processing outsourcing (BPO) provider, Document/record storage, Medical transcription services, Insurance brokers (take a course designed for insurance brokers), Document disposal (shredding) companies, Answering services, CPAs, Third-party administrators (TPA), Software companies, Patient safety or accreditation organizations, Pharmaceutical representatives, e-prescribing gateways and other HIOs, Medical device manufacturers, Pharmacy benefit managers, Collection agencies, Attorneys, Health information exchanges (HIEs), Actuaries, Marketing services, Cleaning services, Asset recyclers, Researchers (if performing HIPAA functions for a covered entity), Accounting services firm, Auditors, Healthcare consultants, Financial institutions (if engaging in accounts receivable or other features extending beyond payment processing), Cloud vendors, etc.
HIPAA Business Associates Course Overview
- Slides with Audio: Yes
- Self-Paced: Yes
- Avg Completion Time: 2 Hours / Course
- Format: Online Self-Paced Training
- Number of Total Slides: 67
- Access: Online Access for 60 Days
- Certificate of Completion: Yes
- Certificate Expiry: 2 Years
- License: Single user license cannot be transferred once a login is assigned.
Business Associates Course Outline:
- Refresher on HIPAA
- Definition: Privacy Security Objectives
- Health Information: Sets and Subsets
- Information Covered: Privacy Rule
- Information Covered: Security Rule
- Minimum Necessary
- Before PHI is Used or Disclosed
- Required Retention Documentation
- Civil Penalties
- Criminal Penalties
- HIPAA Security Rule – Overview
- Administrative Standards
- Additional Standards
- Covered Entities
- Business Associates
- Contracting Arrangements
- Business Associate Agreements
- Business Associate Close-Up: All BA Services and Support Providers
- Business Associates: Who They Are Today
- Business Associates: Who Are Not BA’s
- The BA Agreement: Issue Resolution
- Business Associates: Frequently Asked Questions
- HIPAA Today: Privacy Recap
- HIPAA Today: Privacy Recap: Incidental Disclosure
- Breach Notification Requirements
- Examples of Breaches
- Breaches Fines
- Recent Healthplan Breaches
- Lessons – Learned?
- Event Response Risk Assessment
- Quick Review
- What the Future May Hold
- HHS/OCR Issuances
- Candidate Matrix
- Planned Approach
- Outcomes and Trends
- Next Steps
Free Business Associates Training Demo
Business Associates Sample Certificate for HIPAA
Print your HIPAA certification immediately online upon successful completion of each course.
HIPAA Business Associate Course Features
- 24 x 7 access from anywhere for self-paced online courses
- One course for $25 to meet privacy and security awareness training requirement
- Courses created by HIPAA Expert with practical compliance experience and security expert
- Course updated for HITECH, Omnibus rule, meaningful use, and breach notification
- Instantly print or download Nationally Recognized Certificates
- Complete your course in one hour and get certification
- Online course with audio and PowerPoint slides for easy understanding of training
- American Disability Act (ADA) compliant course format and delivery
- 56 pages printed color manual available for purchase
- Online courses compatible with windows, apple, iPad, and other tablets
- Option to upgrade to Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA) credential. Spanish Version is available too for CHPA.
- Complete compliance solution available based on your specific needs
- Unlimited Phone and Email Support
HIPAA Business Associate Training Certification Test
Students are only tested once upon completion of the course, and they have to reach a 60% pass mark from the 10-question test for them to receive the One Hour HIPAA Overview Training Certification. The exam can be repeated until the student passes the test.
The test normally takes 10 minutes, and it can be taken multiple times until you pass the test. Once you pass your test, you can print out your certificate immediately.
Test Format: Multiple Choice Questions.
We can skillfully assist you in determining your HIPAA training need and the best training combination for employee learning objectives to meet the HIPAA regulation requirements and prepare the HIPAA compliance team.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive one CE credit for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.