Water scarcity and scorching summers have made it essential to invest in irrigation systems. A water sprinkler New Zealand is a common practice for irrigation. It is useful for watering large fields and crops in medium and small sized gardens. If you go to an irrigation store, you can find a variety of brands to buy all those pipes, valves and sprinklers to maintain the health of greens. Sprinkler systems are easily available in the market because they are so popular. The underlying reasons for the popularity of sprinkler irrigation systems in New Zealand are listed in this post, keep on reading to educate yourself. What is a sprinkler irrigation system and what are its uses? Have you ever watered your lawn with a hose? You must have noticed the amount of water you waste.
Excess watering is bad for your delicate flower beds and using a hose is not the most cost and energy efficient way to water. Ideally, you want tiny droplets of water that fulfil the nutrient requirements of the greens. So creative experts of technology invented sprinkler irrigation systems, in which you get a network of pipes with some accessories to imitate the rainfall. Water is sprinkled in the air and those tiny droplets efficiently irrigate crops These systems are made up of brass or plastic sprinkler heads with a series of pipes and valves. The sprinkling mechanism is suitable for medium to large sized fields. Suitable for grass, crops and garden, the innovative irrigation solution is largely being used by vegetable farmers and homeowners.
Benefits of investing in a sprinkler irrigation system? A lawn sprinkler in New Zealand homes is a common sight. Sprinkler irrigation offers endless benefits and has become the unrivalled hero for watering medium to large size areas.
- Cost effective: If you are planning to invest in a lawn irrigation system, sprinklers would be the affordable choice. It is cheap and very easy to set up. The initial investment and the labour cost for sprinkler irrigation are minimal.
- Faster installation: Even a huge golf court can be rigged up with these sprinklers in no time. The vast coverage areas of these sprinkler heads make installation faster and hassle free.
- Flawless irrigation: Unlike a garden hose, there won’t be a puddle of water in some places and dry patches in some. Sprinkler heads efficiently water the surrounding area with the assurance of equal distribution of water.
- Water saving: Compared to a garden hose, you will need less water to fulfil the irrigation needs. You can adjust the water pressure on sprinklers and control the amount of water based on soil, weather, and crop conditions.
- Multipurpose: The cost saving, energy efficient and water saving irrigation system is not just used for watering the greens. In scorching summers, sprinklers are also used in many places for cooling purposes.
Is it worth it? Irrigation systems are well worth the investment. For homes and medium-sized farms, sprinkler irrigation is the most cost-effective choice. They are easy to install, last long and can be controlled according to the landscaping needs. Learn more about the top brands of sprinkler irrigation in the market by visiting your nearest Think Water store. The industry leading company specialises in irrigation system design nz and stocks a variety of sprinkler irrigation brands including Toro, Netafim, HR Products, and Nelson.