Patients quitting smoking and trying to change their habits with electronic cigarettes should be aware that this product may negatively affect oral health. However, some of them are still unclear.
The electronic cigarette is a new product used by people who decide to quit smoking. This new cigarette is an electronic device that generates nicotine vapour from a cartridge that contains this substance mixed with a liquid. One of the advantages of electronic cigarette is that it does not generate smoke or ash.
The electronic cigarette is used as a substitute for the conventional cigarette since it provides the user with a quantity of nicotine necessary to alleviate their addiction to this substance. The amount of nicotine depends on the type of cartridge used.
The ideal to be successful with a braces treatment is the good health of the teeth and gums. Vaping has negative effects on these components of the mouth. Therefore, vaping can cause accelerated damage to the gums and teeth, complicating an excellent response to orthodontic treatment (braces). If you want to start treatment with braces or are already wearing them, you should know that you will invest time, effort and money in creating a beautiful and healthy smile. Can dentist tell if you vape, it is common question most people ask.
What are Invisalign cleaning crystals?
They are a product in the form of crystals that gives a special cleaning to your aligners and keeps your retainers clean without any work. This is very useful for loosening food residue stuck in the crevices of your aligners.
The benefits of Invisalign cleaning crystals
Invisalign cleaning crystals substitute make the job of cleaning your aligners much easier.
- They help remove stains and prevent the accumulation of bacteria.
- These crystals make your aligners easier to clean because they are more stain resistant than regular toothpaste.
- They also help protect your aligners from moisture damage.
How are cleaning crystals used?
The instructions on how to use the Invisalign cleaning crystals are straightforward. You need to follow these simple steps:
- Take the clear aligners out of your mouth and rinse them under cool water. Be sure to remove all food residues from the aligner.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove any food particles trapped in your trays for the best results. Use a single toothbrush for this job, not your everyday toothbrush.
- Fill the Invisalign cleaning container with room temperature water or until the aligners are completely submerged.
- Pour in a packet of cleansing crystals.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes. Shake for another 20 seconds before rinsing the container and aligners with warm water.
- Put your Invisalign aligners back in your mouth, and voila!
Remember to brush and floss after every meal before putting Invisalign back in your mouth to prevent plaque buildup in the future. If you can't brush your teeth between meals, rinse them with cold water after each meal before putting the aligners back in your mouth.
It would help if you also used a cleaning solution when you remove your aligners and clean them before bed to prevent them from drying out and becoming brittle. The average time to soak your aligners in the Invisalign cleaning crystals is 15 minutes.