Every winter, the east Asian island country of Japan welcomes millions of skiing enthusiasts from across the globe. Japan has become the undisputed choice for both novice and expert skiers.
Japan boasts more than 400 ski facilities and the ski slopes of the beautiful Japanese Village Nozawa Onsen certainly top the list.
Despite being less popular than Hakuba and Niseko, this skiing destination is undoubtedly the best in terms of beauty, culture, facilities, pricing and Nozawa Onsen luxury accommodation.
Today’s post is dedicated to the unrivalled beauty of Nozawa. We are sure that after reading this post, you will definitely begin your researchfor the best Nozawa Onsen accommodation ski-in ski-outoptions.
Memorable ski encounters are about to begin so if you are to pick a skiing destination, visit Nozawa Onsen this time. Below are the top 5 reasons that make Nozawa Onsen the all-time favorite ski resort in Japan.
- Charming Japanese Culture:The history of this hot spring village dated back to the eighth century, which reflects in its charming streets. It is indeed a great choice for those who like to experience authentic Japanese culture in food, accommodation, and other attractions.
For an ultimate experience of the Japanese lifestyle, you can stay at a Ryokan Inn in Nozawa. Tatami rooms, communal baths and local cuisines are the highlights that truly make the Nozawa holiday one of its kind.
- Unspoilt beauty: You don’t even have to think about what to do in Nozawa once skiing is off the list. You would surely like to extend your accommodation in Nozawa Onsento submerge in the unspoilt beauty. Apart from being a Snowsports trip, you can make the most out of your time with a full-blown holiday extension to explore more mountains, temples, and cultural attractions.
- Pricing: Another reason that will make Nozawa your favourite skiing destination is the cost. Nozawa is fairly affordable and therefore this scenic village is open to tourists from every demographic. There is vast availability of options when it comes to the best accommodation in Nozawa onsen on a budget. Further, food is also on the affordable side. Even with a tight budget, you can explore sumptuous local cuisine, authentic menu, visit nightclubs, and be part of local festivals.
- Hot springs: Nothing is more relaxing than a warm bath after a long and adventurous day at a ski resort. Nozawa is home to 13 onsens (hot springs) and they are absolutely free, isn’t it a big reason to love visiting Nozawa? Indeed, it is a nice place to warm up and explore Japanese culture.
- Snow: The post is incomplete without mentioning the incredible powder snow you can get in Nozawa Onsen. There are enough slopes to keep you engaged for a week-long skiing holiday. Featuring mogul runs, pistes and many other adventurous slopes, Nozawa never fails to amaze.
From otherworldly snow mountains to ultimately relaxing hot springs and from authentic Japanese culture to western amenities, Nozawa has something for everyone.
Visit Stay Nozawa and ask the experts to be your Nozawa onsen guide. Their local knowledge and years of expertise will be of great help to plan your accommodation, food, and skiing adventure in this scenic mountain village.