Nozawa is a year round destination. The serene place is filled with aesthetic vibes and spots to hang around and do cool things throughout the year. Indeed, it is recognized as a winter playground, but there are more than just ski resorts in Japan.
Carve out your time to read how to make the most of your summer holidays in Japan. This ultimate Nozawa Onsen guide will help create memorable experiences at a village known for its great slopes, scenic beauty and warm culture.
Where is Nozawa Onsen?
The term ‘onsen’ is synonymous with hot springs.nozawa onsen guide is one of the oldest hot spring villages in Japan. Tourists from across the globe come to this old and laid back town to take refuge from the hustle and bustle of modern lifestyle.
Nozawa is an easily accessible station from Nagano station. The 700 years old hot springs have made this village an important destination on the map of Japanese tourist destinations, therefore, accessibility is not an issue. Nozawa has become a convenient hub to find buses and taxis to reach the dream destination.
What are the top attractions of Nozawa Onsen?
The legacy of Nozawa is definitely the ancient hot springs. Besides, the rural setup of this serene mountain village is known as the most preferred snow resort. Below is a list of activities that are a must-try when you plan a trip to Nozawa:
- Nozawa onsen ski resort:Nozawa is a popular destination among international tourists. It is recognized for being one of the most scenic ski resorts in Japan.
From beginners to experts everyone can find a ski run at the 36 sites of this beautiful snow resort. To enjoy memorable encounters within fluffy snow, make sure to plan your trip between December and April.
- Nozawa onsen fire festival: Tourists who want to experience the culture and tradition should not miss the fire festival. The festival is organized with all the pomp and show in January every year. During this festival, there is a spectacular battle between the villagers who attempt to guard and alight the towering shrine.
- Hot spring: Don’t miss the panoramic views and a relaxing bath in the hot springs at Nozawa onsen. They are open all year round and should not be missed to experience an authentic holiday in Japan.
- Mountain biking in Japan:The scenic village provides access to mesmerizing trails, which are apt for hiking and mountain biking. These activities are a must for a wholesome experience during spring and autumn.
- Local delicacies:Learn more about the culture by exploring plenty of food options. It is fairly affordable to eat out in Nozawa and cherish the rich texture and flavour of authentic Japanese dishes.
Where to stay in Nozawa Onsen?
Nozawa welcomes guests all year round. Tourists from across the globe visit this scenic winter destination. You can easily find traditional Japanese style tatami rooms, as well as western style accommodationsin Nozawa Onsen.
The best picks are lodges and apartments near the Nagasaka Gondola. The short walking distance to get access to ski slopes and all 13 hot springs are preferred by tourists. Besides, there are plenty of other affordable accommodation options in Nozawa Onsen.
To get your hands on the best deals on accommodation and amenities, contact best accommodation nozawa onsen. They are handling around 7 different properties suitable to everyone’s style and budget.