It is extremely important to cut back on spending and save where you can. Shipping cost can be a real waste of resources, whether buying new furniture or shipping it to your customers, so here are 5 tips to keep shipping costs low.
- Getting lots of offers is the most important and easiest way to reduce your shipping costs. Getting a quote or two usually involves the first two carriers you come across (normally the larger carriers), and they rarely give you the best price. You can call as many senders as you can to get a quote. Alternatively, you can list them for shipping by using websites that allow shipments to host your online listings. Overall, if you can get multiple offers, you will get a lower price.
- Use spaces - the Sydney courier can give you your savings! Did you know that couriers can spend up to 20% of their time on the road completely empty? It's usually because they've delivered stuff and now have to drive home in an empty van. If you find a courier who is already making a similar trip with you, he can deliver the goods in this empty space and offer you savings. By using this method, our users have saved up to 75%! Plus, you save on unnecessary CO2 emissions because only one vehicle has to drive - go green!
- Getting Started - A simple method to cut costs. The bidder will prefer your delivery if it is in a well-packed, fragile and easy-to-handle condition (like, a box is simpler than a decorative sculpture). If the courier is sure that he can arrive, loads the goods safely in the car and then leaves, he will probably lower the price. Just think about how you can reduce the time spent by the courier at the reception and delivery points, and you will find a way to reduce the cost of delivery.
- Be patient - Time is money. This is double advice to save on postage. The first is to be flexible with your data collection and delivery whenever possible. If the courier travels on your route 2 or 3 times a week, these days it will be able to offer you a much lower price than otherwise. By being flexible on your dates, you are much more likely to take advantage of a delivery offer. Second, if you regularly deliver items via Emergency Sydney Courier Services, consider holding back one or two items if you can and delivering them all at the same time. One of the biggest costs for couriers is the empty ride to the pickup point and back to the delivery point. By making multiple deliveries in one trip, the courier will save on costs and pass those savings on to you.
- Finally, ask! - It couldn't be easier. If the quote you get from a courier company is slightly less than your budget; Just ask if they will lower the price.