Power boating, sailing, fishing or even water sports - there are plenty of reasons why a person may want to buy a boat. Of all these, power boating is the most extreme and also the most exciting. For some, power boating is a hobby. For others, it is a way to get away from their routine, monotonous life and spend some time doing something exciting.
Power boating is simply any type of high speed activity that is done using a motorized boat. There are many types of power boating, including pleasure boating, yachting, high performance and pontoon. Undoubtedly, yachting is the most popular type here. And why not? It allows one or more of the following: cruising inland or offshore, entertaining trips, living aboard with multiple cabins, sailing while living in deluxe accommodations, offshore fishing, and even water sporting.
Put simply, yachting is the most thrilling type of boating or sailing for recreation. To experience the true experience, one must invest on a good yacht. However, buying a yacht is not easy. That is because the most common way for a person to look for yachts for sale is through yacht dealers and websites specially designed for yacht sales. Here, consumers often get perplexed by the thousands of yachts waiting to be bought. The boats come in different colors, different shapes and different design, and most importantly, different prices. Yes, there is no fixed price for a yacht. As a result, a buyer needs help to make the best deal.
This is where yacht brokers come in. They are more like real agents. The only difference is that they work with yachts, instead of buildings. Although they are hired by boat sellers, they have a responsibility towards the sellers too. They also protect the sellers' interests all along. So, what do yacht brokers do? Traditionally, they are used for advice when sellers want to find dealers to buy yachts. However, they also do other jobs, such as:
1. Provide Information: They know everything about all the yachts that their dealers who hired them carry. So, they can impart their knowledge to the consumers. Also, they can help first time yacht buyers with many aspects of yacht transactions that they are unaware of.
2. Find the Perfect Boat for Buyers: Before going for transaction, yacht brokers find out about what the sellers need and want. This makes them understand whether the particular boats are suitable for them or not. They also inform the buyers of the conditions of the yachts, and whether similar yachts are available in the market at lower prices. However, many yacht brokers often fail in their last tasks. Although they must think in terms of both sellers' and buyers' interests as per law, they are often more 'loyal' to the sellers who actually hire and pay them.
3. Finding Yacht Loan and Insurance: Yacht Brokers help in negotiating process when buyers apply for yacht loan and marine insurance.
4. Help with Paperwork: The amount of paperwork that must be done in a yacht transact is complex. This is where the help of yacht brokers is absolutely invaluable. They know about all areas of the paper work requirement for the particular country or state they belong to.
5. Accompanying in the Sea Trial and Survey: Buyers, who have applied for yacht loan and insurance, must take the services of a maritime surveyor. The buyers, and not the sellers, pay for these services. As a result, yacht brokers accompany the surveyors to make sure that the costs associated are worth it.